Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The All things MiSTer thread (Now Consolised)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
    I ordered a MiSTer setup from Ultimate MiSTer last week and apparently it will be shipping soon. I’m really quite excited. Stock levels do seem erratic though.

Ricardo is very supportive in general if you have any issues or problems. Nowadays he just sends me stuff and I pay him when I get the unit and all is good. We've had so many transactions back and forth that now we trust each other fully.

Comment

I'm waiting for Ricardo (UltimateMiSTer) to have this for sale

Comment

What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          What is it?
          Apparently there are 3 more variations of the MiSTer being worked on:

Xtreme MiSTer
          Xtreme MiSTer Pro
          "Computer" Mister.

The one above is the Xtreme MiSTer but that unit is a prototype shown in October 2021, it probably will look better and will have more features. The features at the time were these (copy and paste from the MiSTer FB Group):

Features:
          50+10 pin external add-on port, buffered 18/24bit digital video and stereo audio, I2C, SPI, USB2.0 Host, full UserIO port GPIOs available/selectable with dip-switches.

External add-on 100% open-source: 2-player SNAC, LCD+touch, cartridge reader, JAMMA/CHAMMA/MVS video/ctrls, mono/stereo audio sel., built in stereo amp. 2-4player harness Capcom CPS1/2/3, Midway MK1,2,3,4/K.Instinct/Werstlemania/WarDogs...Ultimarc U-HID/BlueHID/MiniPAC 1:1 compatible. Sega Naomi JVS support. Opt.ext-addon LCD+touch control.

The computer version will look like this, unsure about the features of this:

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            What is it?
            Doesn’t matter it’s Xtreme!

Seems to cover many different use cases. Interesting. I do like the look of that retro style computer case. An all in one retro computer setup sounds great and would save me a fair bit of space.
            Last edited by CMcK; 12-01-2022, 17:27.

Comment

Doesn’t matter it’s Xtreme!

Seems to cover many different use cases. Interesting. I do like the look of that retro style computer case. An all in one retro computer setup sounds great and would save me a fair bit of space.

Same thoughts here. Perfect for an Amiga MiSTer setup with the keyboard in place.

Comment

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
                Ricardo is very supportive in general if you have any issues or problems. Nowadays he just sends me stuff and I pay him when I get the unit and all is good. We've had so many transactions back and forth that now we trust each other fully.
                Reminds me of the connection I had with my importer back in the day. Axen Games. I'd built quite the tab with them.

Comment

Same thoughts here. Perfect for an Amiga MiSTer setup with the keyboard in place.
                  My thoughts exactly! The Amiga core is so accurate I see no reason to have a real Amiga anymore but a little case like that makes it look a bit like an A600 would be great. Also suitable for the AO486 core I should think, and any of the old 8 bit micros too.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    Reminds me of the connection I had with my importer back in the day. Axen Games. I'd built quite the tab with them.
                    My HiFi shop used to let me take stuff home and either bring it back if I didn't want it or just pay them if I did. As the years went on the paperwork basically consisted of an entry in their diary just saying things like 2 x DM603s taken by Brad They got a lot of business from me that way.

Comment

It would great to explore the library of games on the rare and increasingly fragile 80s and 90s Japanese computer systems. Reading about them in Sketcz’s books and HG101s books has made me curious. But prices for MSX, X68000, NEC PC systems etc are sky high. And the disks are silly money too.

Comment

This PSX core is absolutely ****ing incredible. They say it's "unstable", but it looks, sounds, and feels utterly perfect by my organic reckoning. It's also pretty great playing PlayStation games without the sound of a disc drive moving about.

It's almost worrying watching the MiSTer pump out 3D graphics without even getting any warmer than usual (i.e., not warm at all).

I'm going to buy a PSX RaphNet adapter just for the feel of the controllers whenever I want that itch tending to.

Comment

After a delay my MiSTer is set to ship on Monday. Really looking forward to it arriving. The Toaplan core looks so promising.

Comment

It's also pretty great playing PlayStation games without the sound of a disc drive moving about.
                            This is one of the best parts of having an ODE honestly. Completely silent PlayStation and Saturn.

After a delay my MiSTer is set to ship on Monday. Really looking forward to it arriving. The Toaplan core looks so promising.
                            Nice! When did you order? Looking like lead times are extending into 2023 currently. Knew I should have ordered one sooner.

Comment

I ordered it early January but there was a wee mix up which delayed it. Thankfully they were able to rectify it quickly.

Comment

This PSX core is absolutely ****ing incredible. They say it's "unstable", but it looks, sounds, and feels utterly perfect by my organic reckoning.
                                You so slow [MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION]
                                I'm happy to inject some more MiSTer excitement in your life!

Comment

Working...
                                X