Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The - Super Mega Ultra Rare Collectables Thread of Showing Off...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The - Super Mega Ultra Rare Collectables Thread of Showing Off...

Last edited by CAPCOM; 08-11-2020, 08:51.

Have quite a few pretty rare things over the years that i have been lucky enough to pick up that i could fit in here but this is one of my most treasured things, while it's not uber rare as the print run was in the mid thousands finding a pristine unfaded copy of wonder kitchen is no easy task. Add in the fact that this one still includes the winners letter from Ajinomoto and the other winners slip inside the box makes it pretty rare in fact the only thing it's missing is the outer shipping box most copies out there rarely ever have the winners documentation. This is one game i have a special relationship with, it's just pushes all the buttons that make me love it. Silly point & click scenes, the totally long drawn out educational segments instilling the virtues of Ajinomoto mayonnaise and then the actual cooking segments. I adore food related promotional stuff like this, ironically it never gets played on real hardware anymore but you bet your ass my super famicom mini has a copy of the game installed on it.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
      Looks like a Chinese knock off with those wireless pads ��

Comment

Probably is but looks amazing...aesthetically pre wavebird...plus three all-time classics that cannot be beaten...render a SEGA alternative Yakumo?

Comment

Wonder if those SNES wireless controllers were any good.

I had the Sega Saturn ones years ago; they're actually quite rare/expensive these days, but only on account of rarity, as they're pretty crap.

I mean, they worked okay but because they were IR, you really had to point the controllers in the right direction.

Comment

You've opened a thread that would suggest you want people to show off rare collectables that they own. Importaku, bless him, has posted a perfect example of this. Alternatively, you've cribbed some guy off Reddit's photoshop job and are now baiting people with fanboy nonsense and google image search spam. I'd ask you to stop, but I know you won't. To our higher powers though - is this really what we want on the forum?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              You've opened a thread that would suggest you want people to show off rare collectables that they own. Importaku, bless him, has posted a perfect example of this. Alternatively, you've cribbed some guy off Reddit's photoshop job and are now baiting people with fanboy nonsense and google image search spam. I'd ask you to stop, but I know you won't. To our higher powers though - is this really what we want on the forum?
              Oh, so it's fake? Good facsimile in that case.

Comment

Jeff Minter's Spectrum. One of a kind. If I get a chance to photo, I will do heh.
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Good spot Zaki. Use the linked thread.

Comment

Working...
                  X