No announcement yet.

What Do People Think Of The Evercade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reviews of the model seem good! I might put it on my Christmas list.

Comment

Yeah seen some positive ones today now intrigued toyed with getting the older models now may be the time to bite.

Comment

What Do People Think Of The Evercade
        It's a steal

Comment

Evercade is Blazing into 2023… Pun intended. With the release of Indie Heroes Collection 2, we have started 2023 with the culmination of our first Game of the Month season. In addition to the 9 games released every month on the Evercade VS, an additional 3 are included on the cartridge! Game of the Month... View Article

Our roadmap for 2023 is here! Between now and Feburary 2024, there will be AT LEAST 14 cartridge collections for Evercade. As already announced, there will be our first “Collection 3”, and we’ve just announced two new cartridges with THEC64 Collection 2 and Toaplan Arcade 2. There’s also our first collection of Amiga games from a yet to be announced publisher. And there could still be more cartridges added to our 2023 roadmap!
          Here's your C64 Collection 2 games:
          • World Games
          • California Games
          • Impossible Mission II
          • Pitstop II
          • Sword of Fargoal
          • Street Sports Basketball
          • Uridium
          • Cybernoid
          • Nebulus
          • Firelord
          • Slayer
          • Zamzara
          • Insects in Space
          • Mission Impossibubble

Whereas Toaplan Arcade 2 looks like this:
          • Fire Shark (Tate)
          • Twin Cobra (Tate)
          • Twin Hawk (Tate)
          • Hellfire
          • Rally Bike (Tate)
          • Wardner
          • Demon's World

Both go up for preorder on the 17th of Feb.

Folks impacted by the theft of the limited edition EXP units should have had the opportunity to add your name to the credits for the device, but unless I've missed something, I don't think there's any confirmed date yet that replacement units should be on their way out to people.

Comment

Glad they're still going after the theft at Christmas.

I like the look of the Toaplan collection.
            There was a Wardner cab on an RAF base on a cadet camp at school and we all took turns seeing how far we could get.
            It's pretty tough!

Comment

UPDATE: Evercade EXP Limited Edition

Hello everyone, and thank you for your patience. We have some new updates for you regarding your replacement Evercade EXP Limited Editions.

In our last update, we informed everyone that production of the replacement Evercade EXP Limited Edition had started and that some updates were being made to the production process to eliminate the possibility of tight cartridges from the first batches of cartridges in 2020. We can confirm that we’ve received and tested samples of the newly amended shell and can confirm that these units will have no issue with tight cartridges.

Since the initial theft, we’ve been working with law enforcement on continuing their investigation and reporting where stolen items have been listed. With your help, we’ve been able to provide the authorities with several cases where stolen goods have attempted to be re-sold along with a lot of evidence that they are part of the stolen batch. We thank you for this and believe that the authorities have enough information to use with any evidence or investigation.

Our factory has confirmed that production will be completed by March 3rd. We can now get to work making sure our logistics align to that date and can confirm that Funstock will be able to dispatch all orders between March 24th-March 31st. Once we are closer to the window, and freight is on its way, we’ll be able to define a more specific date where Funstock will be able to release orders to you.

All of the names for the Evercade EXP Heroes have now been collected and are ready to go into the firmware, so when you get the replacement Evercade EXP Limited Edition, the credits will be viewable on your device.

Once again, we thank you for your patience. We hope that we can bring you a specific date in our next (and hopefully final) update on the replacement units and you get to enjoy the Evercade EXP very soon.
              Definitely saw a few people with review units complaining about the snug fit of some carts, so at least one silver lining of the delay is getting a slightly refined model that doesn't have this issue. If they manage to get them all replaced and shipped out this March then I don't really have much to complain about here.

Comment

There was a showcase of new stuff for the Evercade yesterday. Full video is here:

To summarise, new carts as follows:
                • Piko Interactive Arcade 1 - Burglar X, Dragon Master, Diver Boy, Fancy World, The Legend of Silk Road, Magic Purple, Master's Fury, Steel Force
                • Delphine Software Collection 1 - Another World, Flashback, Future Wars, Operation Stealth
                • Sydney Hunter Collection - SH and the Caverns of Death, SH and the Sacred Tribe, SH and the Shrines of Peril, Jester
                • Sunsoft Collection 1 - Aero The Acro-Bat, Arabian, Blaster Master, Blaster Master Boy, Journey to Silius, Mr Gimmick!
                • Duke Nukem Collection 1 - Duke Nukem 1+2 Remastered, Duke Nukem 3D
                • Duke Nukem Collection 2 - Duke Nukem: Time to Kill, Duke Nukem: Land of the Babes, Duke Nukem Advance

Felt quite sorry for the otherwise quite earnest announcer guy on video having to read "duke nukem, land of the babes" out loud. There's also an "Atomic Edition" version of the VS hardware being pushed featuring both of the two Duke Nukem carts.

Biggest news for me? Mr Gimmick! The original release has been going for silly money for the longest time, and now you've a choice of budgetary options, ranging from four-figures on the EXA port, through digital and physical options on modern consoles, all the way down to it being one of six games on a sub-£20 compilation cart.

Comment

Was tempted by that Duke console edition but at the same time my mind thinks what is the point in Evercade.

Comment

I'd not looked that closely but it seems the guy they hired to do 'new' Duke artwork is actually an AI art guy. Folks got angry, Evercade seem to have listened and are looking to get someone else in.

Comment

Fair play to Evercade to listening to the complaints and actually hiring an artist.
                      I know it's a small thing, but the more commonplace letting AI do creative work becomes, the harder it'll be to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Fair play to Evercade to listening to the complaints and actually hiring an artist.
                        I know it's a small thing, but the more commonplace letting AI do creative work becomes, the harder it'll be to stop.
                        I agree.

I don't actually think the work that Oskar Manuel created with AI was awful but it clearly has problematic ramifications further down the road if allowed/normalised.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          As long as this is the case rather than a misguided Twitter mob. A little digging shows this guy can art. He has work from almost a decade ago that looks awfully like AI art. Obviously, it couldn't be. So yep, maybe he did use AI for this but to what extent if at all is very hard to know. Because he's got the art ability not to need it.

Comment

Essentially Gameboy sized Evercades on the way called Super Pocket. One with 12 Capcom games, other 17 Taito. Personally pike the look of the latter, £49 seems a good entry point for Evercade sceptics like myself.

Comment

The deign is slightly nicer than evercade, nice to know it supports other evercade carts. Blue and yellow is a snazzy combo!

Comment

The design looks lovely. I have to assume it’s going to be a bit janky at that price though. It’s very cheap. It’s a great price. I do wonder why they haven’t used the Evercade brand here.

Comment

Working...
                                X