Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNK Console 2021 Edition

They keep on knocking them out

I don't know how I feel about SNK, now that they're owned by the Saudi royal family.

EDIT: Also from the image... What's with the World of Warcraft font?

Comment

Will this run Cyberpunk 2077 at 8K 120FPS?

Comment

240fps M8, absolute GOATY

Comment

Damn SNK just churning them out, is there a contest going on between them and capcom for how many they can pop out in a year lol

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            I don't know how I feel about SNK, now that they're owned by the Saudi royal family.
            I know exactly how I feel about them as a result of this and I can't support them even if this doesn't turn out to be rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              I know exactly how I feel about them as a result of this and I can't support them even if this doesn't turn out to be rubbish.
              I just meant that I read the headlines but not the articles, so I was waiting for the next time they released something I care about before I actually invest any thought into it. If it's as bad as I've seen, then my feelings match yours; I just want to check sources.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                I just meant that I read the headlines but not the articles, so I was waiting for the next time they released something I care about before I actually invest any thought into it. If it's as bad as I've seen, then my feelings match yours; I just want to check sources.
                Well, from what I've seen it's pretty much as the headlines said - a company owned by the crown prince bought up a third of SNK with an agreement to buy a bunch more shares - I can't remember the figure but it makes him the majority shareholder of SNK. Not sole shareholder of course but still the majority shareholder.

Comment

I'm picturing the Crown Prince clapping his hands and declaring "Make me one of those shmups I so adore."

Comment

Android or low end PC box with online play neo geo roms and PC ports of current SNK titles.

Deffo interested though.

Comment

I still want an AES mini. Please, SNK.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Well, from what I've seen it's pretty much as the headlines said - a company owned by the crown prince bought up a third of SNK with an agreement to buy a bunch more shares - I can't remember the figure but it makes him the majority shareholder of SNK. Not sole shareholder of course but still the majority shareholder.
                        He was also close to purchasing Newcastle United as well. I doubt very much that he will have any personal involvement or influence in the company. For him it’s simply a long term financial investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                          He was also close to purchasing Newcastle United as well.
                          *clap* "Score me one of those goals."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                            He was also close to purchasing Newcastle United as well. I doubt very much that he will have any personal involvement or influence in the company. For him it’s simply a long term financial investment.
                            I'm not all that worried about him becoming art director of the next Metal Slug. It's more that, given his track record, it's hard for me to support anything the company does knowing that's where my money is going. Of course, I'm sure some of my money goes to him in ways I don't know about but at least this is one thing I can have a tiny bit of control over.

Comment

I've made a diagram.

Comment

Working...
                              X