No announcement yet.

Egret II mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That hack looks very promising, hopefully one that's able to be released as i heard pc engine's problem was there was no way to activate the fel mode without adding a switch. Even the neogeo mini you have to open the base up and press the button to start the hack so not as simple for the average person like the nintendo minis were, would be prepared to open my egret even if it's just once to add in a couple of extra games, thankfully arcade roms are pretty small well the oldest stuff is. Even just adding back in the original rainbow islands i could be totally happy if i added nothing else, the only other problem would be making it match the rest as they all have those annoying tailer videos that run when you select a game from the menu. I'll worry about it if i can even get it hacked lol.

Today my instruction card box arrived, i did my homework beautifully and the entire stack of cards fit perfect. Ultrapro make trading card storage boxes, i used the 25 count one as it has the exact dimensions and depth to hold the whole 50 card bundle, the cards are a thinner so i took the size into account. With the cost of the bundle i wanted something better to keep them in than just the cardboard insert they come in wrapped in plastic.

Not very good to keep them in this, eventually taking them in & out is gonna mess the cards up.

This is way better, i also found a perfect use for that sticker sheet full of taito logos i could put one on the case and would make it look almost like it's official & branded, one small problem though i can't bring myself to use up my bonus sticker sheet damn my collecting brain. Anyone want to sell me thiers if they don't care about having one?? I'm prepared to pay hard cash for a spare.

They will no longer fit back in the card insert in the main box so i'm gonna put them in the arcade box where the hdmi cable & power cord are as the insert panel is stored in there so it makes sense to keep the cards with it. Anyone wanting to go down the OCD care route lol here's the place i got my case from only a few quid off ebay, make sure you pick the 25 count size box.
    Last edited by importaku; 26-03-2022, 10:26.

Comment

I have used one from my sticker sheet (blue Taito one), I'm happy to sell the remaining stickers?

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post
        I have used one from my sticker sheet (blue Taito one), I'm happy to sell the remaining stickers?
        Is £10 enough to liberate them from your grasp? (doesnt matter about blue logo thats fine if its used)

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          Is £10 enough to liberate them from your grasp? (doesnt matter about blue logo thats fine if its used)
          Sure, pm me your details👍

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post
            Sure, pm me your details��
            You have mail plus PP

Comment

Thanks to [MENTION=7370]paulus[/MENTION] now have a second set of bonus stickers to use, decided on putting this one on my instruction card case, almost looks like Taito sent them like this in the box all official. Keep looking on amazon japan in case any company makes a carry case or storage box for the egret II stuff, usually some accessory merch pops up from various makers after release.

Been playing quite a lot of the mini this week after work, been really enjoying it. Runark is a surprising one didn't expect to enjoy it as much as i did.
              Last edited by importaku; 31-03-2022, 23:58.

Comment

Runark/Growl is an underrated classic of 90s belt scrollers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  Runark/Growl is an underrated classic of 90s belt scrollers.
                  In other side-scrollers, you'd find a broken bottle or pipe, if you're lucky. With Growl, you smash a crate and there's a quad-barrelled rocket launcher in it!
                  I remember the whip being good because it attacked enemies either side of you.

Yeah, great game and you help save the ickle animals.

Comment

Currently in stock at genki - £179

Japanese imported video games for Saturn, Mega Drive, Playstation, Dreamcast, Famicom etc. Buy console games online.

Comment

Today in between giving this thing another gaming workout decided to find out where to stick the rest of the bonus stickers around the back, had to look online till i found a pic of the back of a real egret to see where the labels were attached as the size of the stickers on the sheet are not to scale i had to put them close as i could get. No idea where the machine alarmed sticker was suposed to go so i just guessed.
                      Last edited by importaku; 03-04-2022, 16:52.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        No idea where the machine alarmed sticker was suposed to go so i just guessed.
                        Would be on the coin box at the front.

Comment

Saw Strictly limited games doing the big set (cards,books,3 pads, extra games) for an eye watering £383 which is probably why there still about 500 in stock, i'm tempted but i can play anything on the many retroarch devices i have... but it looks so good.

Also seems someone cracked it and is making an install package, though that could still take a while.

Comment

I would really love one of these but the price is a little excessive when you factor everything in. I keep half an eye on eBay but all the sellers tend to be in Japan. I wish it had got a wider distribution, but understand that its a niche product even among gamers.

Comment

Time for an update literally, Taito is fixing a lot of stuff in the egret mini with a incoming firmware update that fixes bugs in various games & other stuff. Website here with the information it's in japanese but just translate the page

Comment

Stream today confirmed that as well as the patch, they're also releasing "Arcade Memories vol.1" via SD card.

Game list:

• Cleopatra Fortune
                                • Gekirindan
                                • Light Bringer
                                • Riding Fight
                                • Grid Seeker
                                • PuLiRuLa
                                • Daisenpuu
                                • Slap Fight
                                • Ougon no Shiro
                                • Great Swordsman

edit: 8778 yen, releasing 22nd of December.
                                Last edited by fuse; 02-09-2022, 12:12. Reason: adding price & date

Comment

Working...
                                X