No announcement yet.

Rapid Reload (aka Gunners Heaven JAPAN) PSone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I own a PAL copy of this game, along with A. IV. Global Evolution. Picked them for ?5 each on RLLM. I bought them in the knowledge that getting another copy would be near impossible, and since they're near mint (except for the postie crushing the boxes) I was very impressed.

I also love the game. Very frantic

Comment

I've yet to play this little marvel, but I want to.

Here's a GH love-in from The Rev:

Comment

I bought "Rapid Reload" along with my Playstation on UK launch day...I loved it. I still have it and I love it more now.

When I bought it, the guy in the shop tried to talk me out of it as it wasn't next gen enough, but I bought it anyway!

Funnily enough later on he was showing me how "awful" the mint pre owned copy of "Raiden Project" he had just taken in part ex was.....so much so that he let me have it for 12 quid, which was SUPER cheap for a pre owned PS game back then.

Anyway..Gunners Heaven/Rapid Reload.....If you see it buy it, love it, and have fun.

Comment

Read that article, fascinating. Extremely well written.

Heres sopme codes for the JPN version btw:

QB -- Makes player large
          CM -- Makes player small
          MV -- Display smaller buttons by pressing any button on Controller Two
          SS -- Ceapon power-up time starts at 999 seconds
          YI -- Start with nine bombs
          TY -- One hit kills player

Levels:
          2 -- MA
          3 -- UT
          4 -- RH
          5 -- MK
          6 -- HT

Comment

I managed to pick up the pal version off ebay for ?6 last december was after it for ages and all the previous times it was up it went for ?30+

Comment

So do we think there's any credence to the idea that Treasure may have written Gunner's Heaven?

Having not played it I'm not sure what to think.

Of Treasure's back catalogue I own Gunstar Heroes, Guardian Heroes, Bangai-O, Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga and have therefore played these titles the most.
              I've also spent some time with Go Go!! Troublemakers and Stretch Panic but the rest of their back catalogue remain pleasures for me to experience.

Comment

Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery they say.

Even if it wasn't actually made by them per say, then it certainly paid major homage to Gunstar Heroes, and is tremendous fun. (though very difficult, level 3 is proving a tough cooky to crack, thank goodness for the codes)

If you like Treasure games, you will like this.
                If its not treasure per say, then it is as near as dammit.
                Well, close enough for me.

Comment

I too think it unlikely that Gunner's Heaven is an 'anonymous' Treasure release, but without having seen the art and production design, and experienced the gameplay I can't be sure.

I don't like the sound of the bordered, slow and limited-credit PAL version (Rapid Reload), so I'll keep my eyes open for the Japanese release.

Although people don't seem to think that it's quite as good as Gunstar Heroes, it sounds like it's a damn sight more challenging. A good thing to my mind as cracking as Gunstar is, it did only take me one session to complete it.

Comment

WooHoo!

Just managed to bag a Jpn copy from Ebay

Looking forward to this immensely.

Comment

Working...
                    X