No announcement yet.

Retro|Spective 061R: Sonic the Hedgehog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had no idea that Asura was such a Sonic fan. And I am led to believe that all modern Sonic fans are furries so I’m appreciating this glimpse into his life.

Just back to those racing games, I have been playing them again since getting them cheap on Steam and, while the first one is pretty enjoyable, Transformed is such a leap and so much fun to play. It’s honestly in my top 5 racing games. It plays so well. And it’s the best showcase for Sega IP that there has ever been.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      I had no idea that Asura was such a Sonic fan. And I am led to believe that all modern Sonic fans are furries so I’m appreciating this glimpse into his life.
      There are clapbacks I'm sure that involve puns around the words "Dogg Thang" but I think it's best we just park it

And yeah, I'm a Sonic fan, but not part of the fandom as such. I kinda look on from the fringes. It's a weiiiird place. But truly I'm lucky that social media wasn't a thing when I was a kid as I would definitely have been "in the mosh pit" on this one back then.

Comment

Here you go, finally bringing the thread to a close and allowing us to take a look at something else...

Game 69 - Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal
        A 3DS tie-in with the WiiU entry, the game stayed with side on action but retained the more explorative approach of the console sibling. The game also received a critical dragging over the coals but thanks to the characters appeal and the wider audience base the 3DS afforded it, the game managed to score a sequel

Game 70 - Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice
        Playing around the fire and ice elements, the game scaled itself back to being a traditional side platformer like the main series. The result was a better received sequel though nowhere near the level of its franchises finest.

Shattered dreams?
        What does 70 entries of wildly varying attempts and quality teach us about the character?

Comment

Shattered Crystal was not awful, but 100% it is not something I would recommend. On the first world there is Amy's House that can be unlocked only after 100% the game... This is Amy's House:

[Read description before commenting]You're able to go into Amy's house after unlocking all of the badges. What is happening.Playlist: https://www.youtube.com...

I remember the developers of Fire & Ice said before the game came out that they were focusing on speed on level design... I can't say that I noticed any increase in speed over the first game. There is some racing multiplayer mode on Fire & Ice that I have not tried.

To me Sonic Lost World was the best Sonic game on 3DS, or maybe Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, those are really the only ones I have gone back to on 3DS.

Comment

I played Sonic Adventure 2 on the DC but never got into it, tried again on the GC with SA2B and I think I maybe beat the hero mode. Finally beat dark mode and the finale last year. Really didn't enjoy it, only the sonic/shadow levels were any good, the cutscenes were dumb/jank and the whole game has aged terribly. I've always preferred the first game, and will still beat that every few years or so, although I'm aware it has also aged pretty poorly.

I really hope one day we'll see another 2D sonic similar to Mania. I've just no interest in returning to the 3D games, even generations was only 'okay' at best.

Comment

I enjoyed this thread

Comment

I recently saw and played a fan made Sonic game by the name of Sonic Robo Blast 2. The game itself is nothing special but it fixes the camera behind Sonic without moving separate of the character kind of like its on the end of a pole attached to him. I didn't like this in Gran Turismo 7 but in SRB2 it essentially feels like your playing a 2D platformer or First person game especially as its a heavily modified version of the Doom Engine. This is what i would want from a hypothetical Sonic Adventure 3 and what in my opinion would allow a 3D Sonic to play as well as the MD games.

Comment

Working...
                X