Famicom carts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh yes!

Bootleg famicom carts were special, they actually had to goto the trouble of creating the casing and printing off the labels, and some hacked bootlegs had real charm.

Like I said earlier, that retro site was trying to sell a hacked mario game for ?70, madness!
    I remember once getting DonDokoDon with the main characters hacked to look like mario and luigi, and other little gems.
    Have you seen many bootleg pieces of hardware?
    So are crazy looking, like a PS1 except you flip the lid open and theres a cart port inside.

great fun walking into a chinese owned store, and looking through their selection of dirty bootleg carts, sometimes with improvised images that look nothing like the original labels.

Once had a 42 in 1 cart, that basically had all of nintendos old classics and then some. And costing only the price of one game.

What I didnt like though, was when they hacked the gameplay.
    Infinite lives in contra, or the ability to select any Mario Bros 3 item at will.
    My old mario 3 bootleg, you pushed select, the pushed up and you could scroll through all the items.
    Someone actually went through the trouble, or programing a selection into it. Actually, that might have just been the way the Japanese version was made, I never actually got hold of a legit Mario 3 cart.

Anyway, a relative is going to hong Kong for the chinese new year, and will be picking me up some famicom gear, so Ill let you know what I pick up.

Comment

Working...
    X