Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help pricing up a Saturn and DC for sale please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help pricing up a Saturn and DC for sale please.

Need some advice on pricing a Dreamcast and Saturn for sale on here. Typically I try to do a search here and ebay, but not getting much help this time.

Both are NTSC-J units, both fitted with good quality Mini-ITX brand PicoPSU with a suitable mount for the power socket and power leads, so no need for stepdown. With ODE's and I'm 99% sure I have the original working drives in a box somewhere for these that I can include

Saturn - grey Model 1 and has an original RHEA ODE installed and 3D printed mount, FRAM Mod to keep save games, also has a Region Free BIOS but that's irrelevant once the RHEA is installed I believe, NTSC 60Hz only - so PAL optimised games are no good on this console (too fast and/or will be too big for the screen). Retro Gaming Cables RGB Scart, official pad.

I've also got these that might be included or sold separately (pretty easy for me to price these tbh, I just haven't looked yet)
    Official 4MB cart
    Official 1MB cart
    Official memory backup cart

Dreamcast - VA1 model with an original GDEMU installed and a 3d printed mount. Has a Region Free BIOS (standard boot logo I think as I went off the 3d boot animation that a lot have) - although irrelevant once the GDEMU was installed. Official DC Digital HDMI mod (first revision of this mod - not the newly released v2), self resetting fuse for controller ports, internal battery socket, Noctua Fan, console re-capped a couple of years ago, Retro Gaming Cables RGB Cable (with switch on it for 480p when connecting to something like an OSSC that accepts 480p over Scart), official pad, couple of VMUs probably and a Rumble Pack.

I seen some similar consoles go for silly money on ebay which I'm finding hard to believe, so looking for some advice.

ta
    Pete

Modded consoles, especially those with unavailable or expensive mods, definitely do sell for a pretty big premium these days. It almost falls into this new category of bespoke console where people are prepared to pay nearly anything for an optimal setup.

For the Saturn I am thinking in the range of £250-300 and the Dreamcast £420-500.

Comment

Not sure if the Satiator has changed the maths, but I've seen Saturns with Rhea go for even more than £250 to £300, you might be selling yourself short at that. Considering the the FRAM mod and the nice SCART cable - plus the fact it's a grey J model - I'd say more like £400.

Comment

Well, there's eBay pricing and there's here pricing. Considering fees etc I didn't think it was too far off. Satiator is like 2x the price of a Rhea if you weren't aware.

Comment

All good man it's not a criticism...just didn't want to see mmmonkey let his stuff go too cheaply. I didn't notice he had asked for prices for here rather than Ebay, which is what I was thinking of!

And I didn't realise how pricey Satiators are.

Comment

No joke you'd be paying £250+ alone for a Satiator after shipping and fees! I believe Rhea & Phoebe are basically discontinued (they also don't have great image file support) and Gdemu are rarely made now and even clones have become fairly desirable compared to what they used to sell for.

Definitely want Pete to get a fair price for them of course. If my financial situation was a little stronger I'd have offered something for the DC, bet that's a mint machine to use.

Comment

keep in mind that outside of ebay its not great, here is pretty dry with very little action in the sales groups, and places like Facebook Marketplace are a wild west with scammers and lowballers just looking to resell your items or scam you out of them.

Comment

Don't have much to contribute on what is market pricing, but I am definitely watching with interest!

Comment

Fuse rollin' in looking to scoop a bargain. "Reckon they're not worth more than a ton each mate, I'll take 'em off your hands if you like"

Comment

Heheh, thanks everyone. One problem I have is digging this stuff out to test it, I then end up getting nostalgic about it and thinking I need to hang on to it. But yeah, I'm not using a bunch of my consoles anymore and would be good to know they are getting used.

Comment

Saturn is up for sale now in trading. Forum friendly price - £230.

Comment

Dreamcast is now up for sale in trading, knocked a bit off of the price from this thread

Comment

Working...
                        X