No announcement yet.

Regrets, do you have a few?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t regret selling any of it. My retro setup today ****s all over everything that I had in the past.

Comment

Well, apart from hardware aesthetics Dave, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        My regret would be selling everything years ago instead of now when it's all worth a ****ing fortune!
        This is me & it not only covers Vidya Game shiz but extends to all my toys I sold as a kid...I will never EVER forgive myself for selling what I had
        I still see people showing off toys they still have & get so angry that I had but sold on the same figure, absolutely gutted for what I did

Eats me up ALL the time

Neil

Comment

Eh I dunno, I sold Panzer Saga for £80 at the end of the 2000's, its probably the best game I ever played and I'm not going to drop £400 on it today, but hey I'm sure whenever I've sold stuff I had reasons at the time, changed in life or needed the money. I liked my Neo Geo CD collection which I'll likely never get into again...but like Dave above I've got better stuff now than I had when I was younger. If I really wanted something I could buy it with a few sales from the horde.

Comment

Well, apart from hardware aesthetics Dave, surely?
            I only really miss looking at my AES and PCE. I much prefer the Doc Brown thing I have going on now. It’s far easier to keep dust-free, with a lot less cabling to keep on top of.

Comment

I never regretted selling anything for years as the market for retro stuff was pretty stagnant. I always knew when I sold something, should I decide I wanted to pick it up again I knew I easily could. I’m not sure when the switch flipped and everything went from reasonably priced to bat**** mental, but it felt like it was overnight. If I’d known how my life would pan out I’d definitely have kept more as I have more free time than ever, but at the end of the day I can still play pretty much anything retro I want to via emulation. I am seriously considering picking some bits of hardware up, but I won’t lie, they’re basically bits of art in the house at this point.

Comment

Literally only a handful of people can confirm this - Me, Daryl, my mate Dave and Adey & Pete from Telegames(But those two probably won’t).

In 1996 I went to Telegames to buy a Neo Geo game. They’d just had a new title in, which I managed to get them to let me try on the console they had set up. It was £300 but after one play I decided it wasn’t for me and instead dropped £100 on a Japanese copy of King of Fighters 95.

The title I decided not to buy? Euro Kizuna Encounter. They had two shipping cartons of the game, so 12 copies. Of course we can all speculate what happened to them but that game is now listed on the Neo Store at $299,999,99.

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing.

Comment

Just a bit of a markup then.

Comment

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
                    Just a bit of a markup then.
                    I think as of now there are only 4 or 5 confirmed owners of a legit copy.

Rumour has it Telegames sent them back to SNK in Japan but the ship they were on sank. F**k know how true that is though.
                    Last edited by MonkeyJuggleDX; 28-05-2023, 23:33. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I’ve always wanted to see photos of the inside of Telegames in its prime, they used to carry SO much stuff I always imagined it like the warehouse in Indiana Jones.

Comment

I’ve always wanted to see photos of the inside of Telegames in its prime, they used to carry SO much stuff I always imagined it like the warehouse in Indiana Jones.
                        Mate, it was INCREDIBLE! I can’t even begin to describe the place. I managed a peek at the warehouse once and it was just games as far as the eye could see.

Not gonna lie, I did imagine a heist there on multiple occasions and tbf, I don’t think it would have been that difficult!

Comment

I regret not picking up one or two titles years ago like Chrono Trigger and Snatcher. Always meant to but never got round to it. Apart from that not really. I've sold a lot over the past 5 years and I don't miss any of it.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                            Mate, it was INCREDIBLE! I can’t even begin to describe the place. I managed a peek at the warehouse once and it was just games as far as the eye could see.

Not gonna lie, I did imagine a heist there on multiple occasions and tbf, I don’t think it would have been that difficult!
                            I’m baffled there’s no photographic evidence of it online. You can find pics of places like Videogame Centre no bother, but zero for TG.

Comment

I’m baffled there’s no photographic evidence of it online. You can find pics of places like Videogame Centre no bother, but zero for TG.
                              I think with their inventory that pictures would be somewhat risky. The sheer amount of stuff they had was mind boggling - Your jaw would have dropped at their PC Engine stock!

Comment

Back in the days when you would send a stamped addressed envelope to get a games list in return, the sheer amount of stuff they would say they had in return was mental. They were always a nightmare for PCE stuff though. I don't know what was going on there, but I would often buy PCE games that were meant to be new, but would turn up with the front cover of the manual missing and replaced with a red and white paper photocopy!

I've looked at google street view in the past trying to figure out where it was, but couldn't see anything that even looked like a business!

Comment

Working...
                                X