The Ultimate Saturn List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geezer
    How does Thunderforce V compare to the other TF games? I don't really like the others but it only cost ?15 minty with spine
    It seems to have it's fans, but personally I don't like it much. The graphics are rough as f**k and it just never grabbed me. That's a good price though.

I don't usually like horizontal shooters, I guess the only ones I really like are the Metal Slug Games, Parodius games and Sengoku Blade, are there any more that you guys would recommend?
    Salamander Deluxe Pack Plus

Comment

Originally posted by MD
      It also has some great puzzle games too from Puyo Puyo Sun, Puzzle Bobble, Cleopatra Fortune to really weird ones involving Tokimeki Memorial characters.
      Can you remember the name of the puzzle game starring all the Ghouls and Ghosts characters and what did you think of it?

I borrowed it from a friend who couldn't work it out and hated it, but something just clicked for me and I sailed through a fair few levels

Comment

I think that game's called Nazomakaimura? (or Incredible Toons)

Might be wrong though. The cover on it looks like the G&G characters and it's made by capcom and it is a nice little puzzle game too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
          Originally posted by Geezer
          How does Thunderforce V compare to the other TF games? I don't really like the others but it only cost ?15 minty with spine
          It seems to have it's fans, but personally I don't like it much. The graphics are rough as f**k and it just never grabbed me. That's a good price though.

I don't usually like horizontal shooters, I guess the only ones I really like are the Metal Slug Games, Parodius games and Sengoku Blade, are there any more that you guys would recommend?
          Salamander Deluxe Pack Plus
          Pfft only one of the greatest game ever & proper hard too
          I the game roughness & all

Comment

I got TF5 on Monday, it's decent but when it comes down to it, if you want to play a Tecnosoft shooter, you want to play Hyperduel

Comment

Has anyone played either of the following:

Willy Wombat - no idea what it is
              Rabbit - some kind of wierd beat em up

I have both factory sealed, given to me as a present. And I havent been sure about wether to open them or not.

Anyway, how come no one has mentioned Princess Crown apart from me?
              The game is quite literally beautiful. Very big sprites, surprisingly nice medievil setting (bright an anime esque though), great music and some very enjoyable 2D brawling combat that involves magic and nifty use of items. Multiple charatcers too, really good stuff.
              It plays like a side scrolling RPG, except the battles are real time, and vagually street-fighter/final-fight esque.... sort of. Very interesting style.

2D sprite fans owe it to themselves to look for it, easy to complete in Japanese as well, which is a bonus.

Comment

Princess Crown is definitely on my list, I read some mini reviews the other day and I reckon it could well blow me away 8)

However, it pulls ?50-?60 so it's going to have to wait for a bit as I've got other games I want first

Comment

Is ?34 delivered for Metal Slug as good a price as I'm likely to find?
                  Mint with spine

Comment

YES!

Even without the RAm cart.
                    I paid ?80 for it mint with SC and no ram cart.

For ?34 get it definetly!

Comment

Duly ordered

I was a bit cheeky and haggled it down from $59+shipping, to $60 all in

Hopefully it'll be here by next weekend

I can't believe you paid ?80 for it, that's crazy!!

Comment

Anyone know what the going rate for a mint and complete Final Fight Revenge is?

I've been searching for it on eBay for several months now and the only one I've seen went pretty sharpish for a ?50 buy it now a few days ago. VGI have a sealed copy for ?100 but thats too much for me

Comment

Final Fight is one of the more expensive ones, I think I paid $100 US for my sealed one about 6 months back.

VGI price is a bit of a rip though. Not surprisingly ...

Comment

Thanks for the reply mate, I knew you would have this one 8)

Lan-Kwei told me the price is uber high in Japan at the moment, so they won't be stocking it/requesting it for me. OtakuMW can get hold of the box set version for ?86ish+P&P!!

Is the game really as bad as they say it is? Maybe its not worth hunting down

Comment

The game is not too bad, it's by no means the best in the series.

Worth picking up if you can get a good deal but unless you are a sad collector as well as game player (like myself unfortunately) then it's not worth that much.

Comment

FF Revenge is absolute ****e! I also thought "it can't be that bad..." but it was even worse than I expected. Worst Capcom game ever
                                I think I paid about ?45 for a mint copy a couple of years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X