Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radiant Silvergun - how much did you pay for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?49.99 at Raven Games when it first came out, thanks to Sega Saturn Magazine.

Comment

EDIT: removed for political reasons, ignore the quote below, it was mistranslated. 8)

Comment

It's a much deeper game than Ikaruga, the learning curve is definitely higher but I think if you gave it more time you'd start to enjoy it.

I think regardless of what anyone says the game is a little obtuse initially even for more hardcore shooter fans simply because it's complicated as **** to play properly let alone be good at and play for score.

Comment

Originally posted by otaku84
          ?80 in Japan, super mint with spine card. Played it about 4 times, and then never again.

bleurgh!
          Worst ?80 Ive spent in ages, sadly I only got it after tasting the delights of Japanese DC Ikaruga, meaning I was left somewhate dissapointed by RS.

Too complex and too many buttons.

How much is the going rate?
          Sadly the collector in me tells me to hoard it, but logic says I should sell it for a fortune and buy some games Ill actually play.
          You wanna sell me it mate? If so give me a message...

Comment

?40 from New Generation in Leeds, who then sold a couple of sealed copies for ?10 (yes, ten pounds) each when they cleared all their import Saturn stuff out. I was gutted at the time, but would have been positively manic if I'd known about the prices it would later fetch. Hindsight is such a bitch.

Comment

I paid ?100 for mine a couple of weeks back, and have been really really enjoying the boss marathon known as RS.

It is certainly harder than Ikaruga too!

I have been really really loving it though, fantastic varied bosses, and while the scoring system does seem rather wacko to begin with, you get used to it.

Oh and the sword is the singest best weapon in shmup history.

Comment

VGI are selling them for a pretty hefty (but seemingly going rate) sum.

Who's VGI ?

Comment

VGI = http://www.videogameimports.com/

Comment

Paid ?50,for it on the day of release from Raven Games,had absolutely no idea of it's status,years later.
                    8)

Comment

Got it for nothing when it came out (if I remember righty, it was part of a 'payment' package for one of the N64 tips book covers) and sold it a year or so ago for just over ?100.

Spent the money on a Vectrex! Much more enjoyable.

Wil

Comment

I suspect it wont be long before its emulated though so you'll probably see the price drop a little.
                        It is already

Comment

The arcade rom or the Saturn version?

Comment

The Saturn version

Comment

I paid ?140.

Best money spent. 8)

Comment

Just been offered one, mint and complete for ?85, just need to find a bit more cash to buy it
                                It's about time for me to find out if the hype is justified 8)

Comment

Working...
                                X