Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radiant Silvergun - how much did you pay for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My copy cost ?40 (from a local indie) my buddy was so keen to play it that he bought me a copy (he has never owned a Saturn).

So it actually cost me ?0.00. 8)

Comment

i bought the ST-V version (with St-v board) for 6000 yen about 3 and a half years ago.

I don't have the Saturn version, although my GF picked it up for... i think it was 12,000 yen.

So... that's around 30 quid for the arcade version (with the motherboard) and 60 quid for the saturn version.

Comment

I just got rid of the RSG spinecard that I bought a little while ago for ?20ish on eBay

I should have my RSG by the end of next week, that'll be the second time in a week that I've broken my ?40 limit on games

Before I started getting into the Saturn I never thought I would even consider spending these kinds of amounts of money on games

From what I've heard it takes a lot of patience/time to get to grips with, but is very rewarding, which I'm looking forward to

Comment

I've paid ?40+ for three Saturn games:

Radiant Silvergun
          Battle Garegga
          Sengoku Blaede

RSG cost twice as much as the others, but felt better value for money, it's that impressive.

Comment

Any idea how the st-v cart compares to the saturn version?

Comment

?40 from cex`s old tcr branch (b4 they closed it and moved to the opposite side)

was mint with card!

played for a while, got bored, considered ebaying it but swapped it for a new gba when that got released

hey funs more imporant than money right?

they have radiant and ikaruga next to each other in segas club sega arcade on the main st of aki btw thats the 6 floor one not the 10 floor one..

both still have the promo flyer thingys on top of the cabinet and are still played.. got some shots too ^^

strangely the arcades in tokyo have autofire buttons in their shooter cabs, they sure dont do this up in hokkaido then again peeps on honshu are WEAK! so maybe thats why the arcades also tend to give less energy/lifes per credit and didnt see any games for 50 yen unlike up in sapporo...

one good thing bout tokyo arcades is they do tend to give you an oshibori (moist hand towel) so you can clean off that cancergiving smoke afterwards thats only with the major ones tho dont expect that in places like kabukicho etc..

Comment

Got this today, at the moment it seems distinctly average, if not worse, especially for ?85!!

No doubt I'm missing something, look out for a "teach me how to play RSG" thread in this forum soon

Comment

Stick with it dude.

I found after 2/3 hours of play you really start to get the hang of things.

8)

Comment

Lets add some strategy info here.

For high scores you want to be chaining. In order to chain you need to decide what you are going to kill.

You chain by either:

a) killing only one colour (just red, just blue or just yellow). Almost always you are best off killing just red because a majority of the enemies are red.

b) Getting the secret chain. The secret chain is <any number of reds> 1 blue, then yellows. You get 10,000 for the first yellow, and then the yellows chain after this worth 10k, 20k, 30k etc.

You also get points by grazing bullets/walls. You can milk each boss for this until just before he self destucts. It is pretty boring though.

Getting 100% on bosses gives you a lot of bonus points. You should try to make sure you always do this - each boss is made up of a number of targets, you need to kill all of them for maximum points. Sometimes some of them break off early, or there are several stages to a boss. You need to kill them before they break off/end in order for it to count towards your desctruction %.

I think that just about covers the scoring basics!

Comment

I booted up the Saturn a while back to put some time in on RS, only to realise that the battery was farked and all my scores were gone. Which leads me to ask - is there any way of saving RS scores to the Saturn memory cartridge? Other than saving to battery then transfering to the cart, obviously.

Comment

rjpageuk-ta for the hints, it's much appreciated, I'll give it a try later

Typhoon Thompson-admittedly I havent played it for more than half an hr, but tonight I hope to give it an extended play

Rather interestingly this is where myself and most other shmup fans differ. I'm mainly interested in 1-lifing the game or 1cc'ing it as opposed to getting high scores, still havent managed to 1cc any of my shmups

Comment

Starting with RS isnt a good idea either.

I am trying to chain the whole game, and trying to kill every boss 100%, but after about 25 hours of play I am still losing about 60 lives to complete the game

Comment

The Stage 3D boss is the one thing that made Silvergun click for me. After I had seen that for the first time, that was it.

Comment

I put in some more hours with it tonight and the more I played it, the more I disliked it unfortunately

It's just not my style of game tbh, I'm going to give it a few more days to impress and if it fails to, it's going to eBay, it's too expensive a game to sit on the shelf and gather dust!

I must admit though, the radiant sword weapon is pretty interesting

Comment

I paid ?200 for mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X