Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'd forgotten how good Super Mario World is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it's a brilliant game. One of the best things about the game is that you can play it in 10 minute bursts or for hours at a time and still get the same level of enjoyment out of it. You don't get many games nowadays where you can do that, which is a shame.

Comment

I think the GBA version is easier as well. I struggled on Tubular on my friend's SNES, yet finished it on the GBA with relatively little pain.

Oh, and to get the Mario mask Koopa's you have to get all 96 exits, then finish the game. Problem is it turns the island on the title screen brown, and it just looks ugly.

That suicide dive too me absolutely ages. I had to practice on the level with the section that had tons of coins in the air, and a feather. Can't remember the name, but it had a huge vertical stack of green ! blocks you could run up.

Comment

yeah great game i played it again recently on the GBA on a day trip to london, i set myself a challenge to do all 96 levels on the coach trip there and back but i only managed 95 by the time the coach arrived home! so close!

Comment

Originally posted by Moodmon
          I think the GBA version is easier as well. I struggled on Tubular on my friend's SNES, yet finished it on the GBA with relatively little pain.

Oh, and to get the Mario mask Koopa's you have to get all 96 exits, then finish the game. Problem is it turns the island on the title screen brown, and it just looks ugly.

That suicide dive too me absolutely ages. I had to practice on the level with the section that had tons of coins in the air, and a feather. Can't remember the name, but it had a huge vertical stack of green ! blocks you could run up.
          Are you sure? I got the Mario masks with 91 completion on my SFC, can't work out where the remaining 5 are.

Comment

Originally posted by innovator
            Are you sure? I got the Mario masks with 91 completion on my SFC, can't work out where the remaining 5 are.
            You only had to complete the star road and special stages on the SFC version to get the different sprites.

Comment

The Japanese aren't as good at video games as us westerners so they made it harder for us truly superior gamers.

fantastic game, I don't want to remember how many hours I lost to this game when I was 8 years old, it's faaaar too many

Comment

SMW really is a fantastic game.

For a different, and quick challenge try playing the game completing it in the minimum number of levels.

I think you can do it in 14, and it doesnt take very long!

Comment

11 levels is my best. 8)

Did Cheese Bridge for my mate's bird last night on my first do. Then turned off the GBA without saving just to piss her off. 8) That's how cool I am.

Comment

Since you all started talking about this game you've made me feel guilty about never playing it, so I dug it out for my snes at lunchtime and I've been playing it since ;D Upto the end of Forest of Illusion and I've unlocked every secret exit so far. The Cheese Bridge one wasn't as hard you lot made out, takes seconds to reach the end of the level with Yoshi gliding across the level bouncing off the chainsaws, then you just let him glide down under the goal and jump off his back, onto the platform TA DA!!.

Comment

Started it yesterday lunchtime and had finished it by the evening I sat playing it solidly all day to get a perfect 96 save. Purple Yoshi is a godsend you can just fly over most of the levels hehe.

Comment

didnt notice this thread...looks like everyone plays through this every couple of years, i just did it in february too, through (snes)emulation though.
                        originally i just started messing around to kill a little time as i thought i lost the rom, but finding it and starting again, i was just glued to it for ages.
                        surprised myself how easy it was to get through though, although tubular did take quite a few tries...the third(?) balloon was a bitch to get too, but plain sailing once i finally got it.
                        its just such a joy remembering all the different second exits...fake walls, timeing, flying around etc.
                        absolute class, love it

Comment

TBH though, Mario 3 had some evil exits. And some waaaay cooler power-ups. Why haven't we seen Tanooki Mario since?!

Comment

Originally posted by Blu3Flame
                            Started it yesterday lunchtime and had finished it by the evening
                            Makes you wonder why people complain about how short games are nowadays doesnt it?

It is really quite surprising when you go back to old SNES classics just how short they are.

I recently revisited LTTP and it only took me about 4 hours from start to finish and I hadnt played it since it originally came out! I thought I remembered taking months over it the first time through!

I suppose this is a topic for a new thread really though!

Comment

4 hours thats lacking :P I think the record is about 2.
                              ahh here it is: Zelda LTTP completed in just under two hours, the videos are on this site, http://planetquake.com/sda/other/lttp.html

Super Mario World completed in 12 minutes ^

Comment

12 minute Mario World? Sounds top - is it genuine etc (d'l is too big for me)?

Comment

Working...
                                X