Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a where are they now feature starting with

Raffaele Cecco

Just where is the genius behind Exolon and Stormlord?

Comment

I like the all over the place feel to the Retro section. It's almost like a scrapbook of old clippings someone has put together.

I would like to see some more articles on Retro game music. Also i like the screen shot pages, but why not have 1 page screen shots and the other page filled with the best box cover art from around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by DjSatansfury
        It's pretty good as it is atm tbh

Erm

Include Strider as a 2 page screenshot O_o

*gives up*
        agreed - one of the best mags out there at the mo

there is always something about the neo in there which is my console of choice, just this month it was the nail in the coffin for mvs as snk favors atmosware

Comment

I like the idea of doing an article on Apogee software. I remember spending hours playing the likes of Crystal Caves, Secret Agent and Commander Keen as a youngster.

Comment

How about a feature on the FM Towns Marty. There really are some classic gems on that machine.

I can sort you out with a loan of some games so you have no excuse

Comment

Personally i don't like to see ancient consoles , i prefer more like the snes and megadrive onwards really because any lost classic game that is featured wouldn't be too hard to track down to play . Also because i'm not really old enough to remember any further back (NES at a push i guess)

And if you have any input whatsoever in the magazine cover art can you try make sure it isn't messy with gun-toting cyborg-human characters or something similar. More artsy please! (sorry for going off the topic!)

Comment

More on the Amiga! Same reason as stated above regarding the NGPC (perhaps a feature of Card Fighters Clash to make up for it not appearing before ).

I'd like a lower number of features but have greater quality and depth to them. A nice feature on Sensi World of Soccer on the Amiga, or Hired Guns, or Speedball 2...

Perhaps a feature on early coop games, Secret of Mana (I think?, never actually played it) and Hired Guns for example.

"Games that changed the world" would also be interesting. Details on their influence in todays world etc.

To be honest the Retro section is quite strong already and I believe changes should be made quite slowly. I agree with above that the classified bit should go though, seems a bit daft to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gossi the dog
                  I like the idea of doing an article on Apogee software. I remember spending hours playing the likes of Crystal Caves, Secret Agent and Commander Keen as a youngster.
                  Aren't they 3D realms now? I know all their 3D games like Duke Nukem 3D, Rise of the Triad, Terminal Velocity etc had that logo as well, (as does Max Payne 1+2 which incidentally imo have the same sort of feel as Duke Nukem 3D with all the interactivity and hidden stuff and yes I know MP is Remedy, but I'm sure there's a link between Apogee and 3D realms.)

Comment

Apogee became 3D Realms, yes. Rise of the Triad however was under the Apogee label.

Comment

I'd definity agree with the more indepth comment - more into the machines, maybe speaking to one of the creators etc would be intresting.

Comment

No drastic changes please, it's pretty much spot on.

I'd personally like to see a page or two detailing old fan boy arguments, maybe as part of the already mentioned machine vs article?

I remember arguing till i was blue in the face on saturn vs PS. My fondest pointless juvenile arguments were:

Transparencies - "yeah it could do them, just look at RSG", "yeah but look at that wipeout conversion"

2D games -"it's well better than the PSX at 2D, you aint got the best bomberman game or SNK games like MS", "but they're gay, 2D is gay 3D is best on PS, you gay"

Memories.

I'd like to know were Richard Leadbetter from Sega Saturn Magazine went, along witht the rest of the team. Top mag.

Maybe you could do retrospective feature on the old arcade gaming scene in the UK, the old puffy jackets, cig burns and R-type. And what is like today.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

I doubt that its possible to get interviews with Japanese developers regarding retro games. I would love to know about the developers at Capcom in the late 80`s early 90`s, who were behind all those classic scrollers and platformers???

It would be great to delve into the minds of the creators of Ridge Racer or Soul Edge. These guys are unsung heroes and need recognition. I would love to know what the old-skool guys think of the market today.

The Retro section is at its best when it delves into the mindset of creators. Its facinating to hear their stories of development woes or jubilation. With regards to the games, I like to see a mixture of long lost gems and also articles on games that defined the industry, such as Daytona.

Keep-up the great work, I enjoy the Retro Section just as much as the new stuff. GamesTM is fast becoming the premier games-mag on the market, in my local area it sells out quick these days.

Just thought of something. A whole feature on CPS-1/2/3 would be great aswell as more arcade retro stuff, the games and the technology.

Comment

Definitely keep the one-page retro adverts in, they are extremely cool and not a waste of space at all.

Would like to see more interviews with 8 or 16 bit coders. Jeff Minter, Andrew Braybrook etc etc. Maybe a "Where are they now" type thing.

Love the Crash styling. Maybe you could include a page or two directly from the original magazine? A review maybe and do a updated review alongside it.

Comment

Give us a mame double page spread every month so we can enjoy it on chipped XBOX

Comment

Originally posted by otaku84
                                Also, forgotten obscure games are always a good read, makes me curious to track them down.
                                Perhaps elaborate on that, perhaps a genre that had great potential but was never really pushed any further.
                                Played a wierd 2D snes game with some of the best rope physics Ive seen, you had to use a fishing rod to scale levels, kinda like SM's grappling beam, except rope-like and better. never seen anything else like it.
                                Anyone any idea what game that is? I love rope physics

Comment

Working...
                                X