No announcement yet.

Best VF conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im 90% sure it was 720x480, and I cant be assed to investigate.

Comment

Seen VF1 on Super 32X in a few places but its about 50 quid. Suppose I'll have to bite the bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon2k4
        How close was the Saturn version of VF1 compared to the arcade?
        As far as gameplay goes, it's extremely close but it plays faster than the Model 1 version. Saturn VF2 has gravity and a bunch of other flaws which makes it very different from the arcade version. DC VF3tb is also an off translation when it comes to gameplay. VF4 is where they finally got the gameplay 100% on a console while maintaining the visuals.

Comment

VF2 on PS2 - Sega Ages. I don't care if it's not 100% replica it f00kin' rocks bells.

One of the best trips down memory lane i've had in a long time.

Comment

I was playing Model 2 VF2 there last summer in an arcade and I must say it's looking pretty dated.

VF3 and Scud Race still look incredible though.

Comment

Originally posted by kingston lj
              Im 90% sure it was 720x480, and I cant be assed to investigate.
              It does indeed run at that High res (The highest on Saturn).Which is why you get that great looking Shimmering effect .
              At the time it was a stunning conversion of 12 thousand pound plus ,State of the art Arcade machine.

You got those floating floor effects because AM#2 were using the VDP 2 (Objects had to be flat).

Plus while the Saturn lost out in the Backgrounds. The character models look even better than the Arcade.
              Gone is the blocky joints and skin textures seen in the Model 2 game. In come lovely smooth joints and skin.

Made me laugh when mag? s went ape over the 1 scaling background on Tekken 3 on the PS2.

When years earlier AM#2 where handling multi scaling backgrounds, running at a higher res, and ported a more advance piece of hardware (Model2 was much more powerful than System 13).

Comment

I like VF Kids.

*ahem*

Comment

They should refiddle fighters megamix for Xbox or something - sure, it was massively unbalanced, but how good would it be on live 8)

Comment

no! no vf on live please!

lol i've just got into third strike on live and have a long way to go before i reach the higher realms, and an online vf would only cause me more grief in that i'm really lame at that (still only play as jacky and sarah) and would cry too much

mind you, if it came out in a while then that gives me time to practice...

and i'd buy it anyway

Comment

Personally the best home conversion is vf4 evo. Why? Graphically it isn't on par with arcade version. The load times are the same if not a little faster and doesn't contain any bugs at all from the arcade version.

Yes the vf2 port on saturn ran at double the res of the arcade version hence it looking weird.

I would like them to do a perfect port of vf but it doesn't really that matter much to me. Aslong as the game plays the same way in the arcade its fine.

Comment

Aside from a lower resolution, the deletion of part of Chun Li?s bridge stage, and the switch from three-dimensional backgrounds to very convincing looking two-dimensional facsimiles, Virtua Fighter 2 looks remarkably like its arcade parent.

What?!

Dunno what's up with those windows emulator screen photos.
                        Haven't you ever heard of the print screen button? :S

The 32X version of VF1 rocks. It was rubbish on Saturn. VF2 was okay, but the detailed textures left very little space in the ram for audio samples. The voices were soooooooo muffled. That and the weird backdrops/stage kinda bugged me.

I've hardly played Evo. It sits on my shelf staring at me all the time. Oh the shame!

Comment

Working...
                        X