Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAL PC-ENGINE, modding to make multi regional???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I try to make them mod look "legit" in that from the outside it does not look modded.

This tobacco stained one aint mine I swear!
    The circuit for boosting the RGB levels is inside the supplied SCART connector (inside the casing itself)

Comment

Originally posted by lettuce
      So internally there is no difference between the Standard White PC-Engine, Core GRAFX 1, or Core GRAFX 2. Just the casing is different on these models and the connections??
      yup.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
        I try to make them mod look "legit" in that from the outside it does not look modded.

This tobacco stained one aint mine I swear!
        The circuit for boosting the RGB levels is inside the supplied SCART connector (inside the casing itself)
        Sorry Saur, I didn't mean to detract from your craftmanship. It is the neatest mod possible. If I had 2 engines I'd be sending one off to be modded this instant.

It's a condition I have where I like to have things in their original factory condition. Which is crazt as I'm sure I'd love the nice bright colourful picture you'd get with an RGB mod.

Guess I'm just being stoopid.

Comment

The coolest thing about Saurian's mod is that it can be entirely undone, unlike everyone elses mod that cuts a hole in the case.

Comment

Damn it I'm wavering...

Comment

Do you get interference out of your CD-Rom2 interface?

I do, both subtle wavey lines in the video signal and a small hum in the audio. From the PC Engine or CD Rom2 its fine, but from the interface there is interference. I have two interface units too, its the same with both.

My bloody PC Engine died recently when the psu went up in smoke, so I've been running PC Engine CD Rom games on the Xbox instead (flawless). Damn the ?40 I spent on an Arcade Pro card.

Comment

The Wavy lines and hum could be due to the PSU being on it's way out and the unit is trying to draw more current then the PSU can handle, the PC Engine we run in Game on (via CD-ROM interface unit and via composite... "It should be in RGB SCART as it originally was intended" said one goer, er yeah...) is perfect mainly as we use a new switched mode PSU unit.

Comment

Haven't noticed any, but then I've only used it the once to test it.

I only have one CD game and its a bit crap really (Cyber City OEDO 808).

Is it possible that the Psu was causing the interference? I didn't know you could play the CD games on the XBox. that is very cool indeed. Still there is something odd about playing a game on a machine that is 5 times the size and about 5 times as heavy as the original hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by MD
                    The Wavy lines and hum could be due to the PSU being on it's way out and the unit is trying to draw more current then the PSU can handle, the PC Engine we run in Game on (via CD-ROM interface unit and via composite... "It should be in RGB SCART as it originally was intended" said one goer, er yeah...) is perfect mainly as we use a new switched mode PSU unit.
                    I've used a 1.5A regulated psu, and the interferance was no better. It just made the CD Rom2 less reliable. I also tried a 1.5A switch mode psu and the CD Rom2 barely worked at all. I have two CD Rom2s as well, one is on its last legs but the other with the original psu worked fine.

Maybe I've just been unlucky and bought two dying CD Rom2 and Interface sets in a row.

Comment

Play-Asia still have a stock of Pal Turbo Grafx systems.

Comment

Yeah, i believe there only PAL 50hz systems though, so the games would have boarders and be slower (17.5%)

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
                          Damn the ?40 I spent on an Arcade Pro card.
                          What does the Arcade Pro card do?

Comment

They let you play... Arcade games!

Comment

Basically with the CDROM2 add on you put a card in the PCEngine and it uses that card in tandem with the game CD. There were newer and newer versions of the Arcade card released which supported the latest games. The arcade pro card was the latest i believe.

Comment

There were only two arcade cards. One for DUO consoles and one for PCE + CDROM2 unit consoles. The other cards were just called System Cards.

Comment

Working...
                                X