No announcement yet.

Final Fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the mega-cd version is the best conversion by far, the enemy placements are exactly the same too. This was my biggest problem with the gba and snes version, all the enemies come in different places to the arcade:x Meaning if you could clear the snes/gba version with one credit your strats would'nt work on the arcade because the enemy placements are TOTALLY different.

Comment

The Snes version was definitely a killer-app in its day. The SFC was in its early days and the sight of FinalFight in all its graphical glory really seduced a lot of people. Sure it was lacking in content, but for fans of the arcade it was irrisistible, thats why the Japanese even bought the Guy version aswell .

One last thing, Final Fight is all about the atmosphere. It has a graphical style all of its own, the character design is unique and the levels ooze with detail. Even the music has its own distinct style, unlike alot of generic pap that most of these games had.

Comment

Originally posted by kingston lj
        The Snes version was definitely a killer-app in its day. The SFC was in its early days and the sight of FinalFight in all its graphical glory really seduced a lot of people.
        There was a killer app released near enough every month for the Super Famicom in the first 18 months to 24 months.

Super Mario World
        F-Zero
        Actraiser
        Super Ghouls and Ghosts
        Pilotwings
        Super Castlevania IV
        UN Squadron
        Super Mario Kart
        Contra III
        Streetfighter 2
        Zelda
        Final Fantasy II
        and so forth...

Comment

Your right Valiant, of course the SFC had tons of amazing killer-apps. I meant that Final Fight was such a good conversion that for fans it was a must-have and for others it was a graphically stupendous scrolling beat'em'up. Also remember the SFC didn`t have any other titles in that genre for a while.

Comment

The sfc releases were outstanding, i mean the md was good but when the sfc came out i don't think gamers ever had it so good.

contra III

final fight was a awesome game on the sfc, there's no denying it, whilst we missed guy and some of the levels at the time to us as kids it was as good as having the stand up arcade machine in our bedrooms, we were in heaven

Comment

SOR3 is a good game, tons and tons of move and almost neo-geo like 2d goodness, and while the music wasn't as good as SoR2, it played better, hits felt harder, plus you can play as that badass Shiva and the kangeroo

Comment

Final Fight One on the GBA. That's just about the definitive version now... especially when you can do the 2 player funky chicken
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I like the subway train level best because you can flying kick multi Andore Jnr's. :-)

Comment

I loved this game ever since me and my brother completed the arcade version whilst on holiday in france years ago.

Haggar = Govenor Arnie of California

Can anyone explain the ending though. Why does guy beat the crap out of Cody as they walk off (or is it the other way round?). I never got that...

Comment

Super glad I found this thread 8)

Originally posted by 112
                      how exciting was that! "oh my car" instant classic moment.
                      Damn straight!

Originally posted by Madbury
                      I never really understood Guy as his off the wall kick could only be used when there were onscreen objects to bounce off and it was all a bit pointless really.
                      It's all worth it for the section in the first level where you can jump between a box and the wall and get on top of the box or just jump back and forth for years! Flying into someone's head from a wall is so satisfying

Originally posted by taurusnipple
                      Anybody got any pictures of the fatties I'm talking about?
                      Not the one you want....but fattie on the left

Originally posted by jezzace
                      Can anyone explain the ending though. Why does guy beat the crap out of Cody as they walk off (or is it the other way round?). I never got that...
                      Cody is leaving and ignores his girlfriend Jessica, who he just saved, cos he's so badman he wants to go pulp more dudes. SO Guy is like "WTF mate" so busts him into shape and Cody's like "oh yeah, my girl" and then goes and chills with Jessica

Originally posted by bash
                      Anyone else noticed u get Elisa (or whatever her name was) in a bra on Jap version intro but she has red dress on EU and US versions?
                      yes...Jessica - the punk women were censored too, even into men for the SNES version

Comment

The moral of the story is buy a Japanese Mega CD unit. ^_^

Final Fight on Mega CD is definately one of the must have titles on the machine, whilst your there get Switch, Sega Games Can 1 & 2, Heavenly Symphony, Dragons Lair, Sonic CD, Popfulmail, Ninja Warriors, Battle Fantasy, Sengoku, Sol Feace, Devestator, Anet Futabi, Time Gal, Road Blaster FX, Bari Arm, Yumimi Mix, Urusei Yatsura, Silpheed, Prince of Persia, Keio Flying Squadron, Thunderhawk, Star Wars - Rebel Assualt, Battle Corps, Fatal Fury Special, Dennin Aleste, Shadowrun, F1 Circus CD, Mortal Kombat CD and NBA JAM. ^_^

Comment

[quote="MD"]The moral of the story is buy a Japanese Mega CD unit. ^_^
                          quote]

You're making me sad because I had a copy of Final Fight Mega CD but I had to sell it because I found it very disfficult to track down a Japanese MegaCD

Really wanted to play Sylpheed too.

Comment

The CEX near Oxford Street has about 10 copies of Final Fight CD....

As soon as I find myself a Mega CD I'm down there

Comment

Originally posted by Oh! My Car!
                              The CEX near Oxford Street has about 10 copies of Final Fight CD....
                              That may be so.

But it still smells of wee.

Comment

I read a number of years ago that Final Fight was originally going to be called Street Fighter '89 (or something like that), flyers featuring the name were even sent out to prospective buyers at amusement arcades. Later, Capcom decided to do a true one-on-one sequel to Street Fighter so at the last minute they released the game as Final Fight and then started work on Street Fighter 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X