Final Fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought the ending went like this -

Cody and guy leaving, cody jessica runs up to cody and guy is jealous he dont have the woman, so he beats cody up and jets off. If you look at the intro guy says " shes my friend too " So he obviously has some feewing for jessica. Anyways thats how i thought it was eant to go like. Dont think cody was dissin his girl by walkin off.

By the way how vital was the spit or chewing gum the police guy spits out? If that vital bit of so called food was not there id of lost load of credits! My fave jobber (enemy) had to be the guy who looked like duck king. He had so much style!

Is it me or was SOR axel a blatant rip of cody?

Comment

Originally posted by imzu
      Originally posted by MD
      The moral of the story is buy a Japanese Mega CD unit. ^_^
      You're making me sad because I had a copy of Final Fight Mega CD but I had to sell it because I found it very disfficult to track down a Japanese MegaCD

Really wanted to play Sylpheed too.
      **** I have the oposite problem I've got a Jap MegaCD unit, but no games...Picked up my Jap unit brand new in South Africa about 2 years ago. Go figure....

Comment

Mega CD 1 units in Tokyo seemed to be very expensive and fairly rare. ^_^; Found one for around 25,000Yen...

Mega CD 2 units were also not very visible but saw one for around 15,000... ^_^;

Japanese Mega CD games aren't that hard to get hold of, although I'm still on the hunt for 2 Mega CD games...

Comment

i can understand the JAP megaCD issue from a collectors viewpoint, but was the PAL or US one unmoddable or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Madbury
            **** I have the oposite problem I've got a Jap MegaCD unit, but no games...Picked up my Jap unit brand new in South Africa about 2 years ago. Go figure....
            I got my MegaCD games from a seller on eBay, i think the userid was otaku-uk.

Comment

Originally posted by 112
              I always thought the ending went like this -
              Cody and guy leaving, jessica runs up to cody and guy is jealous he dont have the woman, so he beats cody up and jets off. If you look at the intro guy says " shes my friend too " So he obviously has some feewing for jessica. Anyways thats how i thought it was eant to go like. Dont think cody was dissin his girl by walkin off.
              I think the different versions had slightly different text in
              Anyway, Guy is a badman bushin master who wouldn't get distracted by "women"...(maybe)

Originally posted by tanooki
              I read a number of years ago that Final Fight was originally going to be called Street Fighter '89 (or something like that), flyers featuring the name were even sent out to prospective buyers at amusement arcades. Later, Capcom decided to do a true one-on-one sequel to Street Fighter so at the last minute they released the game as Final Fight and then started work on Street Fighter 2.
              I believe the producer (?) of Final Fight impressed Capcom so much that they let him go on and develop Street Fighter II...hence both games share the car busting mini-game 8)

Comment

Anyone remember the Atari ST release of this, I don't know if it was arcade perfect in the sound department but graphically it was mint, looked better than the SNES and GBA versions IIRC (can't check as I no longer have a working ST). Also the UK release had Jessica in bra and the girls with cuffs.

Comment

I remember playing the coin op in Northern France in the early 90's about to get the ferry back to blighty and obtaining 50 credits with one 10 Franc coin. My brother and myself played it for hours until the end. That was a good day!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Boy
                    Anyone remember the Atari ST release of this, I don't know if it was arcade perfect in the sound department but graphically it was mint, looked better than the SNES and GBA versions IIRC (can't check as I no longer have a working ST). Also the UK release had Jessica in bra and the girls with cuffs.
                    The ST version was ok, but no way near as good as the SNES version. ST version had only around 16 colours on screen, the way it moved was just awful!! and was quite slow too

Comment

Yeah, my mate tried to load that up to show me the other day...and failed.

Needless to say I went home, happy I have a SNES

Comment

all the 8-bit and 16-bit (c64, amiga, st etc..) looked okay in still plictures but they play NOTHING like the arcade. USGOLD must go down as the WORST arcade conversion 3rd party developers ever!. Look at what they did to sf2 sf2 by title screen name only.

Comment

Working...
                        X