No announcement yet.

Secret of Mana 2 PAL Cart on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, someone report 'im! Down with ebay! Start the revolution!!...

*ahem*

I think this guy is definately a crookster and needs to be put in his place.
    Hopefully they'll squish him into a little SNES cart of his own

Comment

?5 postage for the cart is probably about right You should see how many EPROM's you have to fit into the cartridge for SOM2. D4S is a very respectable person, http://snesdev.romhack.de/ is his site with guides on how to make your own cartridges The SOM2 one is a bit of a mission, I'd happily pay a lot of money for a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Blu3Flame
        ?5 postage for the cart is probably about right You should see how many EPROM's you have to fit into the cartridge for SOM2. D4S is a very respectable person, http://snesdev.romhack.de/ is his site with guides on how to make your own cartridges The SOM2 one is a bit of a mission, I'd happily pay a lot of money for a copy.
        Says the man who's flogging them on ebay

It realygrates me that people can put stuff like this on, yet ebay pulled my pre cert copy of Stallones Italian Stallion(it was going for over ?20.00).

"Stallone Get's Physical"

Comment

I don't see whats so wrong with this though, putting previouslly unreleased stuff onto carts for people to enjoy the way it was meant to be. Although what annoys me is the people who sell the carts for obscene money, Starfox 2 carts for example, those costs a total of ?15 to make MAX, and they go for over ?100. Unfortunately its the only way to play it properlly as copiers won't play it and emulators don't fully emulate it yet. There are far worse things out there like people trying to pass of legit PAL chronotriggers/final fantasy's when all they have done is switch the CIC chip with PAL one [a min 5 job] and they go for obscene amounts of money as well.

Comment

I don't see the big deal here, it's an unreleased game and I'm sure that the guys who are bidding know that, but just want to play it on their SNES's. Hell, I just looked at that site you linked to, it actually doesnt seem very hard to do and you could make it cheaply yourself, although the SOM2 job looks slightly messy. Him selling that at this point in time isn't affecting Nintendo's sales etc. Fair play to him

/Me goes off to buy Eprom burner (j/k)

Comment

Originally posted by Shin_Iori
              Clearly a deception of the ignorant eBay masses though, considering the translated ROM can be downloaded for free and any old cart picked up and with the help of an EPROM writer the contains of the cart's ROM changed.
              You can't pick up any old cart and it's not that easy for any normal person to do this. Many people would much rather play the translated game on a console than with an emu. Think of it as like a mod service. If someone already bought the SFC Seiken 3 cart and just wanted to enjoy it, I don't think the translators would have a problem with someone charging for what essentially is the service of converting the cart. In the end, someone is enjoying the game b/c they can read it now.

Yes, I've already made carts like this and the buyers have been extremely happy. No, I didn't sell on Ebay.

Comment

What a crappy looking cart. The logo looks like it's from Free Web Site Generator or something and the cartridge seems to say "MADE IN JAPAN" despite the auction listing: "Made in Germany by d4s".

Hmmm... 185 pounds. Poor stupid fool.

Comment

I think it would be different if he made it clear it wasn't an official cart and translation. By making money from it I'm sure he's breaking Square's copyright. After all they could well want to re-release the game for a handheld so the title's not public domain.

Also it's not Secret Of Mana 2 it's 3!

Wil

Comment

Surely its Seiken Densetsu 3 and Secret of Mana 2, since there was no official SoM2?

Im still too lazy to report him. If its still climbing then I must say its not exactly right is it?
                    hmm, might have to go and start selling copies of Sapphire: Densetsu again methinks.

Comment

could be quite a money spinner.

ill remember this if ever i get desperate :P.

gohan.

Comment

Originally posted by otaku84
                        Surely its Seiken Densetsu 3 and Secret of Mana 2, since there was no official SoM2?
                        Now it's my turn to be anal
                        Yep, Seiken 3 but as there was no Western release there's no such thing as Mana 2.
                        My point basically is that a fansub, distributed free is still breaking copyright (and we won't even go into the ROM owning business) but making money out of another person/company's creation is definitely a no-no.
                        He's a 3rd-hand pirate!

Wil

Comment

Looking at his account, he is "Not a registered user" anymore so looks as if ebay have suspended his account.

Comment

I think you lot need to give the guy a break, he has put tha the cart was made by D4 and I think anyone who pays that sort of money for one old game is into gaming enough to know exactly what he is buying.

I bet that all those who were saying about reporting him earn **** all money and are just sour because they can't afford it, yet you give it all the righteous **** about it being a copy but I bet if he was selling 100 copies BUY IT NOW for a tenner you would all buy one.

Seriously, go play some games rather than worry about somone selling somthing rather noval on ebay and getting a bloody good price for it.

Comment

I think you've completely missed the point

#1 It went for about ?150+ more than it was worth
                              #2 Neil Corllet put a lot of hard work into translating the game and he specifically says.

The Patch is freeware and may be redistributed freely as
                              long as it is not modified, not applied to or distributed
                              with any ROM image, and this documentation is included and
                              not modified either. No money, goods, or services may be
                              charged or solicited for the Patch, in original or applied
                              form.
                              The Patch contains a significant amount of 65816 object
                              code which is Copyrighted 1999 to Neill Corlett.
                              I personally do not agree with selling things like this on ebay at such an inflated price, I believe the service of modding cartridges with translated games should be provided at cost.

Comment

I do agree that it was over the top, but to report the guy is just being...well you know.

To be honest it annoys me that the certain people always moan about people overcharging but are the first to take as much as they can when selling somthing themselves, and that is not directed at you Blu3Flame.

I have got to the point in my life where I just don't have the time anymore to do things like burn carts etc. and I would rather pay alot of money to get a game I really wanted to play than to go through all the hassle myself. And I am sure there are loads of people who are the same. At the end of the day isn't it down to the buyer to determine value?

Comment

Working...
                                X