Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the rarest, most desirable, most collectable game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eastyy
    hasent there been quite a few made for tournament games?

Think i remember there being a star fox one also speaking of which i heard there is a proto of star fox2 and fzero 2
    There's the US StarFox & Donkey Kong Country tournament carts - both pricey (a good couple of hundred dollars these days), but not *megarare* since Nintendo sold them off via mail-order in the States at $50 a pop while stocks lasted (something like 2500 of each were made, I think).

On a different level entirely are the grey NWC NES carts (90 were given away to finalists, though others are thought to exist) which will set you back a few thousand $$$, the gold NWC carts (26 given away via Nintendo Power mag) for even more, and the Genesis Blockbuster Championships II cart, of which 4 or 5 are known (some guy was trying to sell one on eBay recently but they failed to reach the $2K reserve - highest bid was around $1300).

Comment

NWC..?

Comment

Nintendo World Championship

Comment

From 1990. The carts that were used during the Championship (have timed versions of SMB, Tetris and Excitebike I think) were given to the finalists after it was held. The gold versions went to NP, but I believe the overall contest winner got one too.
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
            The gold versions went to NP, but I believe the overall contest winner got one too.
            Nah, they were all through NP - 1 grand prize that included a tour of the Nintendo campus, and 25 runners-up. Storm wassisname, the NWC winner, got a grey.

Comment

Working...
            X