Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting it sporadically as well on those threads now. Trying to get the people that matter to look at it now.

Comment

For the last couple of hours I was getting database errors every time I tried to open a thread. Could browse the forum, but couldn't read the actual threads.

Comment

Yep - seems to have sorted itself out now (unless someone's been looking at it).

Database sure seems to have been flaky over the last few months

Comment

Not sure if anything has been done to improve it. I have mailed Neil but haven't had a response yet - fingers crossed it stays stable until something can be done if it hasn't already.

Comment

Thanks for the email, I did reply
            Its a bug in VBB I think, it doesn't close the sessions database properly and causes the issues you see. I'm working on upgrading to the latest version but have hit 2 snags, which I hope to have sorted soon.

Comment

Been trying several times over the last 2-3 hours to submit a new thread in general gaming and end up on a blank page at this address:

:/

Comment

Try shortening the thread's title. I've found that threads with long titles take ages longer to post and if you make it too long, they don't post at all and you get the blank page.

You'll notice the difference when previewing too. No idea why.

Comment

Thanks, that made some difference. Still took about 20-30 seconds to submit, though. :/

Comment

Sorry about the ongoing problem peeps. If it happens again, please pop in to our IRC room (linked from the homepage http://www.ntsc-uk.com) and say hi.

Comment

OK I found what the issue was, or atleast I think. We haven't changed anything in months on the forum and database side, but we kept seeing issues where mysql would run out of page size to do certain activities (some of you will have seen an error about storage engine). I thought this was some bug but even after upgrading the DB version the problem still occurred (FYI the forum is hosted on a Cisco UCS blade with 32G of memory but mysql can only use 3.5G at a time (32bit limitation). In anycase I noticed something else by accident that there was a ton of temporary tables being added to the database but not cleared out and after a few emails to the VBB guys found that a permission to drop tables on the database had been removed. I don't remember doing this but it must have been me. I've fixed this and deleted all the temp tables and from here atleast things are snappy again. I'm hoping that this resolves most of the posting problems that you have seen but if not please let me know. I think this was what was causing one other issue but unless it recurs I won't know for sure.

Apologies for this inconvenence.

Neil.

Comment

Also we will be running an optimise on some of the tables which should also help with the long posting time in the sales forum. When we do this the forum will be unavailable.

Comment

I am the wrong shade of blue. I don't find the subscribe info in my CP anymore, and have changed my Paypal CC, so need to do it again.

I don't like being the wrong shade of blue.

How do I fix this then?

Comment

It could be that you were caught up in the promotions issue I was having yesterday and became a new user temporarily. Please can you recheck your usercp today?

Oops wrong user

Comment

ZOMG! Alt accounts aren't allowed. BAN REQUEST!

Comment

ZOMG!!!! He's spying on us with the cunning stealth username charlestester

Everything works now, and I am subbed up like a good'en.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X