Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, so that's what has been going on, it looks great and is a welcome edition, thanks charliebear for taking teh time and effort to make this all possible and to the other peeps who aided in the process!

Comment

I didn't realise the forum was back up until today, I was loading the old site and when the forum didn't appear I just assumed it was still down for maintenance, didn't actually notice the message had been updated to say we'd moved until this morning! Doh

Sounds like a massive effort was involved in the move so a round of applause to all those who put the work in.

Comment

Good work on the switch over.

And if you make one change to the default skin, swap Verdana for "Helvetica Neue", Arial in the CSS font stack!

Comment

Do not use Helvetica! Browsers never render it correctly! I hate this obsession with websites using it as their preferred font; it's a pain if you need to have the font installed for design work, only to find half the sites you visit are barely usable.

Comment

yeah thanks to all involved im a little dim with this sort of thing and assumed it was the magic pixies who do all the work much like the little actors inside my telly

Comment

Guys, good work. if you do need any help I might be able to assist.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddie View Post
                Do not use Helvetica! Browsers never render it correctly! I hate this obsession with websites using it as their preferred font; it's a pain if you need to have the font installed for design work, only to find half the sites you visit are barely usable.
                Read carefully. Picking "Helvetica Neue", which is preinstalled on Macs, but not PCs, is a standard practice. The PC don't see it, so drops to Arial, because as you say, a PC cannot render plain Helvetica correctly.

Comment

Apreciate all the work, I've read the site a lot more than I've posted and should get round to being a blue member again. It's a bit of a culture shock having it fill the screen though, that's gonna get some getting used to!

Comment

Yeah the fullscreen mode is freaking me out to. Also I keep clicking home and expecting to go to the main forum page (which is silly I know)

Comment

Originally posted by muddy View Post
                      Read carefully. Picking "Helvetica Neue", which is preinstalled on Macs, but not PCs, is a standard practice. The PC don't see it, so drops to Arial, because as you say, a PC cannot render plain Helvetica correctly.
                      I agree with this gentleman. A lot of places (see html5boilerplate.com, for example) are just dropping down to sans-serif, as in theory that would give you Arial on PC and Helvetica on a Mac, but it's not consistent enough Mac-side.

Comment

To be honest, I have no idea what you are on about, but I'll look into it.

Comment

I think the best solution is just to have everything in Comic Sans.

Comment

Nah, Kristen all the way

Comment

Late to the party as usual but thanks Charles and everyone else for such a great resource.

Comment

Oh dear god, this mobile skin is absolutely perfect!!! (Blackberry 9700)

Comment

Working...
                                X