Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the forum go back to being no greater than 480 pixels wide please?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      To be honest, I have no idea what you are on about, but I'll look into it.
      In order for a computer to display a font, the computer must have a copy of the font. If not, it will default to an alternative. What this means is different people will see different things.

Comment

"This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between searches."

Grrrrr! Can this be turned off for people that have signed in?

Comment

Thanks Pat.

@sadat. It's a global setting. Changed to 20 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            Changed to 20 seconds
            Cool, that ought to do!

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
              Can the forum go back to being no greater than 480 pixels wide please?
              Yeah, doesn't looks great on a 1080p monitor lol.

There are themes that can do this though..

Comment

The banner isn't even 480 pixels wide, are your sure that's what you want?

Comment

Well what was it before, 640 or 800ish would be good.

Comment

I'm confused, people are asking for the forum to be narrower? Surely you would want it to fit to your browser?

Comment

Just make your browser narrower, the forum adjusts to fit

Comment

I was joking about the 480 width, although I would say that one of the things I liked about the original forum was that it was designed in line with the site, you always knew you were within NTSC-uk and a lot of that was due to the fixed narrow width. For me the problem with this forum as it is (I appreciate its only a default at this stage) is that it further distances itself from the main site, and it looks the same as any other forum, anywhere.

Comment

That's what we are looking at sortin out now, the new vBulletin suite integrates the site with the forum , so all being well it'll look like it's one in the same. Trick is trying to make it look different to the other forums

Comment

Well, it's a sad day indeed.

This afternoon, Blair contacted Neil McRae (by email) on my behalf to request the change of registrant of the ntsc-uk.com domain to me.
                            It appears that Neil actually reads his emails regularly because as of now, the old forum is gone and there is a message waiting at http://www.ntsc-uk.com/ "ntsc-uk.com domain for sale contact neil at domino.org"

Comment

as with everything folks there are two sides to a story. I've not done anything with the site because I haven't been able to do it - I _HAVE_ kept the site running which has not been easy - and this is the thanks I get.

First off I've changed jobs and right now I'm based in China (check my IP!) I've supported NTSC-UK for almost 10 years! The money collected from Blueroom is whats kept the site alive. I received an almost joke of an email (the first I've received on the subject incidentally!) today with was quite threatening, and factually incorrect and from a pretend lawyer.

Secondly Charles, you do not have any legal claim on NTSC-UK.COM, it was transferred to me many years ago and any attempt to transfer it will be strongly defended. Also you have broken the law by not only copying data off a server with no permission (computer misuse act and data protection act violations) but you are also using a trademark without permission. Whilst I was uncontactable or not does not give you permission to effectively hack a server (although I applaud how you did it!) Your admission of this breach here has been copied and will be used in any further action should I chose to take it (its not easy from where I am right now) but I will take it if provoked.

I'm currently restoring the backup of the forum that you so kindly deleted - which I think shows the callous nature of what you did - which I have to say really really surprises me.

I hosted NTSC-uk.COM and paid for more than 90% of the hosting fees myself, I have _ALL_ the emails relating to this and the previous setup with Camps and Marcus. I've now closed the site and NTSC-uk.COM is up for sale. There have been many offers for the domain with significant offers that I am now going to follow up. I've not contributed to the site by posting but I _have_ logged in and I have read many posts.

Regards,
                              Neil.

Comment

I don't really want to get involved in this but guys, please! For the love of all that is holy please don't do this...

Comment

Working...
                                X