• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll try turning that on again.

Comment

Don't do it, you'll kill us all....

Comment

I don't get how the old site managed all this stuff fine, but this new one chugs along like an old paddle steamer the moment something useful and pre-existing is switched on.

Comment

It's been perfect for me since the last switch, you upgraded your v3.6 firefox yet?

Firefox v7.02 came out the other day.

Comment

Haven't used FF since installing chrome!

Comment

I'll be like the acid test for now then, sticking to FF3.6.23 for now
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                I don't get how the old site managed all this stuff fine, but this new one chugs along like an old paddle steamer the moment something useful and pre-existing is switched on.
                Neil's machine that the site used to be hosted on was a ridiculously powerful dedicated server. Even that fell over a few times a year. Something similar now would be in the region of ?160pcm. A year of Blueroom subs would cover this for almost 3 months if I cancelled the competitions.

The virtual server we moved to was on an over-populated machine with poor disc performance so the site couldn't keep up, especially with the increased demands of vbulletin4, so it regularly fell over.

The virtual server we are now on hasn't fallen over at all, although it did run out of resources once - but it recovered itself. Other than that, it has been super fast for me most of the time.
                Last edited by charlesr; 04-10-2011, 22:13.

Comment

Yay it's back! Thanks!

Comment

I've noticed that users browsing pages is back on, thanks for that.

However, both at my works PC (Running Windows 7 IE9) and at home on my Mac (Lion Chrome) if I select Back, nothing happens. If I select it again, it finally moves. Anyone else notice this?

Comment

IE doesn't understand iframes properly (the PA adverts for example). It's something to do with that.
                      Didn't realise it affected any other browsers.

I've turned off the PA ads for a bit. Can you confirm that without the ads, it works properly please?
                      Last edited by charlesr; 05-10-2011, 13:41.

Comment

I’ve just tried on IE9 and I can use the Explorers back button perfectly.

That was very quick work Charles, thanks!

Comment

Turned a few things on: