X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadly Premonition?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Sack View Post
      I was going to submit an idea but why bother when this is such a great logo. Only thing i'd change is the font used, i'd probably use an angular font like denmark or quadrangle as the current font doesnt really fir the logo or the font used in the rest of the site.
      Quadrangle:

Denmark:

Think I prefer Denmark.

Comment

I'd prefer something not obviously related to gaming. I'd like people to see the logo and think of our website rather than gaming in general. I hope that makes sense. I think I'm just repeating what someone else already explained better

Comment

We're losing the plot here. We are a gaming website. Our logo should reflect that. New users who stumble across our site need to be able to realise this straight away. All established users wont really take a blind bit of notice. It seems we all hate the name anyway, so we really need our logo to reflect our mission.

The Arkanoid logo with the capitalised Quadrangle font is immense IMO.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You say that but how has the NTSC-UK logo ever been gaming related? I don't think it has to scream 'GAMING WEBSITE' at all, most video game companies certainly don't. Giant Bomb's isn't gaming related, Rllmuk's isn't gaming related and so many others. All the gaming companies and websites out there have a cool looking logo and thats it, it's what comes after that relates the logo to gaming.

Comment

I made this then the forum went down.

"Just say what you see"

Quite good fun this logo making lark, might have a go at a serious one if I ever think of something half decent!

Comment

What we need is a crappily drawn anime guy with spikey hair, holding a pad in one hand and giving you the thumbs up with the other. I can handle that

Comment

If you're comparing us to Giant Bomb and RLLMUK, then you should probably sit this one out.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Sorry i dont know f all about photoshop or fancy graphics.

Has anybody thought of having the word down coming out of the word borders? It works symetrically and the word down erm .. goes down.

I tried to replicate the Defender font a bit

edit. just noticed TTK did something like this earlier, i'll get me coat.
                    Last edited by Gradius; 24-08-2011, 17:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
                      What we need is a crappily drawn anime guy with spikey hair, holding a pad in one hand and giving you the thumbs up with the other. I can handle that
                      I've still got a very tatty Joanna Dark Poster folded up somewhere!

The subtle drop shadow makes a massive difference in this example here. Pat was right!

Not so sure it with stripes though

Comment

@Gradius Is it on a pair of undies?!! Think of the children!

I think a fitting logo would be the red x 'image not found' thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          @Gradius Is it on a pair of undies?!! Think of the children!

Comment

Actually, without the white in the logo looks better I think

Comment

I like that logo like that, but not so much the massive text. It makes the art in the banner look a bit rubbish and too secondary. It would work better if we ditched the game-art-in-banners thing and just designed a single banner, but I really like the art in banners!

How does it look if you half the size of the text and move it up?

Comment

Alternately we could put the title with it in every other context and leave the icon only in the banner.

Not so keen on the drop shadow behind the logo, actually.

Comment

Working...
                                X