X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks pal.

Comment

Sorry

But look at the D and the O, there's different widths of red all over the place, and the E and S are both really skinny where everything else is fat. It's just peculiar.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris View Post
        I feel a bit uneasy with the text that way up. I guess it's because on book spines it's always the reverse.

If anything I preferred the original one.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
          Sorry

But look at the D and the O, there's different widths of red all over the place, and the E and S are both really skinny where everything else is fat. It's just peculiar.
          It is a quick mock up of what it could look like in that style. Glad I didn't put any more time into it if I am only going to get criticised for it.

And how about before when I photoshopped one of your ideas earlier in the thread? It did actually take time to do and was ignored.

Not sure why I bother tbh.

Comment

Did you create the font yourself? I think it's just the E and S that don't quite seem to match. I do like how the B and D work - that's like the one you posted earlier? I liked that one.

Comment

We appreciate the effort Fader, truly.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                It is a quick mock up of what it could look like in that style. Glad I didn't put any more time into it if I am only going to get criticised for it.

And how about before when I photoshopped one of your ideas earlier in the thread? It did actually take time to do and was ignored.

I didn't realise you made the font yourself, or I wouldn't have been so blunt. I'm sorry.

It could look nice, it just needs a few changes to make everything gel together a bit better. Like if you've got the hole in the centre of the O, you need to put it in the centre of the D too, 'cause at the moment there are thin lines and thick lines and the letters all look like they're completely independent of each other instead of being part of the same family. It's worth working on just to make it all a bit more consistent. If you move the hole to the centre of the D too, your B would look a bit more uniform because the left hand side of the D should be the same width as the left hand side of the B. Just little fixes like that.

And I did pretty much steal Moire from that photoshop of mine you did earlier in the thread

Moire is practically the only nice font I've got on my PC so maybe I'd have ended up there anyway, but it looked nice in your 'shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris View Post
                  I love this one, the only trouble with it is the white text. The font looks good but it's too hard to read on light backgrounds, maybe in grey without the shadowing

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post

Fader in an 'I can't take criticism' shocker.

Woe is me!
                    Sorry - I'm with everyone else. A horrible font.

Comment

I've been fiddling around in photoshop because I really don't like the text to one side vertically thing. I tried all sorts, and this is the only thing that worked. I like it quite a bit.

Transformers with white title:

Reach with transparent title and opacity at 90%:

Kirby with white title and opacity at 90%:

I thought I saw transparency in Boris's earlier ones, but I was mistaken. However, I really liked the effect and so utilised it in the Kirby and Reach ones above. Also, Sometimes you will need to use white text so it's legible. I don't know if it's possible with this variation to fill the background behind the logo.

I think the text at the top works because the arrow at the bottom squeezes the proportions at the bottom, if you follow my meaning. Plus there is the visual illusion that identical proportions at top and bottom appear top heavy, the text here counterbalancing.
                      Last edited by egparadigm; 25-08-2011, 12:18.

Comment

Really liking the logos above and pardon my EXTREME lack of photoshop OR skill but what about this (without the crapness) maybe someone could do a proper one with the font.

Make the Borders font a weeee bit bigger
                        Down actually going down.

Comment

Appreciating all the efforts from everyone, regardless of quality - anything might spark an idea that works. Please be prepared for criticism though.

Comment

Because Charles is currently going through a thesaurus to find as many words for godawful as he can.

Comment

heheh. Go Team.
                              Not sure what the team name would be though.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                                I've been fiddling around in photoshop because I really don't like the text to one side vertically thing. I tried all sorts, and this is the only thing that worked. I like it quite a bit.
                                My favourite yet, I reckon. Those look ace

Family Fry, "Down" can't be written downwards like you suggest because the W is far wider than all the other letters and it looks a bit of a mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X