No announcement yet.

Massive Fail. Really sorry. Please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right. I've been through paypal for last year and added everyone I could match. Anyone else should have received an email (to their paypal email).

If you think you should be blue and aren't, please PM me and let me know roughly when the sub date was. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
      Try not to let it get to you Charles noone is blaming you - bad things happen from time to time, when the site went down I was wondering if the cause was you trying to rename me!

Glad it's back though.
      ...very cute Charles, very cute.

Thanks very much!

Comment

I've re-registered. I tried a few log in attempts and password resets but I don't think my account existed anymore. I used the same email address to register and it's let me, so I guess it got lost in the malstrom. Sorry in advance if this causes any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          I've re-registered. I tried a few log in attempts and password resets but I don't think my account existed anymore. I used the same email address to register and it's let me, so I guess it got lost in the malstrom. Sorry in advance if this causes any problems.
          Yeah, you must have registered since March 2016. You have PM.

Comment

I think it's high time I blue myself but will it cause trouble for your backlog? If so, I can wait until it calms down but if it's ok, I'll just power in through to climax.

Comment

Always have time for new Blues, mate.
              Thanks for the support.

Comment

If it helps [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] I did win all the Blueroom compo's since April 2016 - happy to let you know what I want...

As ever a big thank you for running this place, and sorry things were painful or didn't go as planned. Really appreciate the effort you went to, to keep things running.

Comment

Long time user of this site Charles and sorry to hear what happened.
                  Just joined the blueroom and paid via paypal.
                  Thanks

Comment

Wonderful.
                    I expected people to be asking for refunds, not the other way around!
                    [MENTION=2982]Mgear[/MENTION], I sent your prizes next year. Let me know if you get them ok in 2019

Comment

So sorry to see the past couple of years lost to time, though it is rather interesting to see what was being posted near two years ago and how gaming has progressed. Thanks so much for getting forum back up and running, whilst I don’t post as much these days I do read pretty much everything every day, love this forum. I shall certainly be renewing my membership. Thanks for all hard work that goes into this place��

Comment

Feeling a little bit accomplished now. Instead of relying on an old vbulletin plugin for db backups, I've made a script (well, modified someone else's script) and added it to the server's "crontab" (scheduled tasks) using a crazy linux text editor called "vi" (which I had to learn how to use because even something as simple as editing is a mystery at first, let alone figuring out how to save and quit). So in theory the server will now backup the database during the night and zip the resulting file, leaving a few days of old files there.

I tested the task by running it and the file that popped out was good (I tried restoring it to a new database and it all checked out properly).

Finally I made the script output some stuff, so I expect the scheduled task to email me every night with completion notice and any error messages.

My other backup stuff for the files was working ok and I replicate it all (including the db backup) to my PC at home too.

While I was poking around, I also noticed there were 3 massive tables that should have been deleted after the move from vb3 to vb4 so those are gone now and the database and resulting backups are a whole lot smaller. Which is nice.

Comment

Have also discovered my router can be an FTP server, so I'm running a full web-server backup so that too.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Right. I've been through paypal for last year and added everyone I could match. Anyone else should have received an email (to their paypal email).

If you think you should be blue and aren't, please PM me and let me know roughly when the sub date was. Thanks.
                            Charles, I was a Blue member before the outage but I don't appear to be at the moment. I would PM as per your instructions but I have no PM space due to the non-Blue users having smaller inboxes.

Comment

Ah yeah [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] that would make things tricky!
                              Please send me your paypal email address using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the desktop page, or click here: http://www.bordersdown.net/sendmessage.php
                              Thanks

Comment

Sorted!

Comment

Working...
                                X