Software upgrade 28th Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software upgrade 28th Nov

Hi all. I'm upgrading from vb4 to vb5 this afternoon. I've practiced it once already in staging and it was OK, so I don't see any issues, but I have a couple of different backups (my own manual copy and the host's backup). It will take a few hours. The site will be unavailable during that time.

Most stuff seems to be working OK.
    Pressing return is giving some crazy character set stuff. I'll have to fix that tomorrow

Comment

Please report bugs as you spot them. Several features, like "new posts" button aren't done yet, but I'll add them. So I'm looking for things that are actually broken, not missing.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        Most stuff seems to be working OK.
        Pressing return is giving some crazy character set stuff. I'll have to fix that tomorrow
        Thought this was related to the copy / paste thing I was talking about in the bug thread before, but yeah, it's definitely after return that I'm getting these weird strings

Comment

Tried three different browsers, admittedly all but one old versions, could sign in fine on all of them but in posts the 'Likes' option does not work but Quote and Flag do.
          Last edited by fallenangle; 29-11-2023, 12:36. Reason: Removing weird additional characters

Comment

I reported a bug. The bug is fixed. I can post here now.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
              Tried three different browsers, admittedly all but one old versions, could sign in fine on all of them but in posts the 'Likes' option does not work but Quote and Flag do.
              Please can you try logging in to an incognito window, so we can eliminate weird cookie stuff? 

Comment

Don't worry about the weird extra character for the moment. Once I know why it's happening, I'll do a search and delete in the database 

Comment

Just logged in using an almost up to date portable version of Firefox (v114 something) and 'Likes' is still not functioning for me.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                    Just logged in using an almost up to date portable version of Firefox (v114 something) and 'Likes' is still not functioning for me.
                    Ok, thanks. I think I've fixed it for your usergroup and a few other groups?

Comment

I think I've fixed the weird character issue. Anyone else still seeing it?

Comment

Any thoughts on the base font sizes? On mobile and on PC.

Comment

The "Likes" button is now working for me so problem fixed. Thanks.

Comment

No dark theme?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              No dark theme?
                              Try now

Comment

Working...
                              X