Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been meaning to post this for a while actually; whenever adding a pound sign to a post / topic, it always comes up as:

?

For me. I've tried a few browsers, and it's still happening. Happens using either my laptop's keyboard or a wireless one. (not that it should make a difference)

EDIT: That's just typical. It looks like it does work when posted from the quick reply box.

See here: http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?p=688090

Comment

thats showing a pound sign to me

do you have your keyboard settings as EN|UK?

Comment

?test

?1234

?hdkshdfkdk

kshfskdhfksdfh?1234

working ok for me

Comment

Yeah, I've got it on en-gb. It doesn't always seem to happen, but as you can see from the other topic, it shows a ? in front of them for some reason.

Seems to show up as a ? when previewing posts:

Perhaps it's something on my end then, but it doesn't happen on any other boards I visit. (5-10 others)

Comment

If you are using IE, go to "View/Encoding" and set it to Western European. If you have it set on Unicode, you get ? everywhere. If using something else, I imagine there's a similar setting somewhere.

Comment

The "wide" forum setting isn't working for me anymore.

Comment

That's because I just broke it
                I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Fixed (I think)

Comment

I can't edit any posts that were submitted more than a month ago.

Comment

Hmm - thought it was set to 2 months.

Comment

It means I can no longer edit my for sale/wanted topics since they were started more than a month ago.

I could edit them fine a few days ago. What's the point of the change?

Comment

Had a spate of someone editing all their posts then asking us to delete the account - we were wtf? So a limit was set on edit - I thought it had been set longer than a month, unfortunately it has to be applied to all forums.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
                            Had a spate of someone editing all their posts then asking us to delete the account - we were wtf? So a limit was set on edit - I thought it had been set longer than a month, unfortunately it has to be applied to all forums.
                            Just tried to edit my first post in my trading thread (here) but theres no option. Any idea if this will get sorted, or shall I start a new thread?

Comment

If a thread is older than one month then we suggest that you ask for it to be closed and open a new one.

Its sad that we are forced to take such measures as putting a time limit of editing on posts - once again its the few messing things up for the majority.

Sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.

Comment

For some reason I can't get the time right, It's always out by half an hour. Any tips?!

Comment

Working...
                                X