No announcement yet.

The Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vic said he would string Ronnie along until the end. That was hard as Olivia knew that once the bust was over and done with, Vic would do the dirty on him and walk free. And in the barn, too, of all places. At the very least he will go down for the money train, and possibly other things. He would've been better off doing a deal in the first place but trusted Vic. Look where that landed him! A jail cell with Antwon Mitchell. The others are all dead or immune so he would be royally ****ed as he has no hand to play. even if he magically got off he would lose his job and pension etc. Ronnie was the loser.

I am surprised that his killing of that man at the beginning of the season didn't come back to haunt him though. Then again Vic probably confessed to being part of it, too. Poor Ronnie.

"You told them EVERYTHING????"

Comment

Can you be done for stealing from criminals??

Comment

A policeman who bags drugs money for example.

Billings said a similar thing to Shane, I recall. Mara couldn't claim self defence as she was in the act of committing a crime at the time of shooting that woman.

Comment

I'm sure Ronnie could be done for a whole load of ****, but Olivia says Vic's given enough to put him away for life. So I guess we assume Vic told her he shot that guy handcuffed to the bed, when he could easily have said it was Shane. But other than that, Ronnie didn't do anything to get life, I don't think. He'd have a strong defense that he was led to his crime by Vic and felt he couldn't get out. Drug peddling, stealing from criminals, brutality, aiding and abetting; the years would add up, but he'd be out sometime.

California has some tough laws, I believe one is once you embark on a crime, anything that happens as a consequence of that is the criminals fault. Or something like that. So if there's a shootout and a cop shoots a civilian, the criminal who instigated the shootout is held accountable. I may be wrong!

Comment

If the cop is breaking the law, then how do they work out culpability, I wonder. Hmm.

Comment

LOL. I'm could be wrong about that law; it was something I picked up in an Edward Bunker book, and his stuff was semi-autobiographical so I assumed it was truth.

But I think it's correct that Ronnie wouldn't be done for stealing from the Money Train, though as he's a cop there'd be a corruption charge in it rather than a theft charge.

Comment

Finale review from IGN TV:

I agree with their point that

it would have been nice to have seen The Barn's reaction to finding out about Vic

Comment

The Danni thing was odd. I thought that she was going to run away, to get Vic out of her life. It was inferred by the images of her packing up her stuff, a few episodes ago. And then they brought her back, but for no role or reason, seemingly.

I am watching season one right now. Fabulous.

Comment

Not that I watch this, but Amazon have series one to six box sets for a tenner each at the minute

Good deed for the day. Done.

Comment

That's a fantastic price!

Comment

Good find!

Comment

Comment

This thread is going to die........but you can lick my balls first, before it does.

Anyway, I have been watching the show from the start once again and what a pleasure it has been. Some small points though, one of which is during season 5, when Dutch goes to

Clevon's house and finds the 'murder kit'. Why didn't he arrest him there and then as he had permission to do a search? It would have saved another woman's life as it turned out.

Gross negligence by the Dutchman there. Of course he would just reply with .......come on, you're ****ting me, it was a plot device.

Also we need a It's Tuesday (UK Wed) and you know you're watching The Shield because

Only blacks and latinos belong to gangs in Farmington. It's the law..

(except for Casper the Wigger from season 5)

Murder cases get wrapped up in a day (most of the time) with full confessions (or forced LOL). A good thing as what a drain on resources a real murder investigation, that lasts months or years must be

Women in L.A. find balding, chunky midgets highly desirable and can't wait to jump into bed with them at any given opportunity, as long as they show them their badges

(Blonde, middle aged, female police captains excluded)

Last edited by Richard.John; 06-01-2009, 02:58.

Comment

The Shield is great, i have the first 5 seasons on dvd and it gets better with every viewing - especially when you see events in earlier seasons impact later on. as good as The Wire is, The Shield whizzes all over it in terms of writing and flat out entertainment. just because it was on HBO it is seen to be somehow superior to the network-based Shield.

anyway. the Dutchman,

even with permission to search the place, didn't have backup - otherwise it would have been his word against Clevon about the murder kit (the sister didn't know about it, so she couldn't be used as a witness).

still a fantastic show and not having Vic around just won't be the same.

Comment

I have to confess I was hoping this bump in thread was due to an announcement of a new series\film\spinoff. Slightly disappointed

Comment

Working...
                                X