No announcement yet.

Official new albums thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just listening to Plan B's album, it's RAW!

Certainly leaves no stones unturned, about council estate life, and he's actually believable opposed to all that American HipHop that seems to get all the limelight over here!

(I'm looking at you who listens to anything connected to ruff ryders, g unit or any of those other 30 year olds trying to act bad and surviving through shadow writes/producers!)

Comment

Anyone got the Dirty pretty things album? Ace!

Comment

Looking forward to Buying, Bonkers 16.

Only 3 CD's this time, but it'll be worth it

Comment

Anyone also interested in:
          Twin Zero - The Tomb To Every Hope
          The Ocean Fracture - The Sunmachine And The Ocean
          ?

I'm dying to get my fingers on these.

Comment

Just heard the Jedi Mind Tricks new album - The Torture Papers and what a load of pish.

I thought I had the wrong cd when it starts with "Yeeeeeeeeeah, mother****er!" - Ive only heard the Psycho, Social... before by them and that was what HipHop should be - a lyrical thing of deepness - have they turned from LFO (Mark Bell) to LFO (Boyband)?

Comment

These arrived yesturday. I've listened to 'Blue Sunshine' and 'Tin cans with strings to you' briefly, but haven't formed an opinion on them yet.

Comment

it is Mastodon day, mother****ers. Go out and buy the magnificent "Blood Mountain" - if you dare.

Comment

probably will get that

and the new fratellis album Costello Music

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
                    it is Mastodon day, mother****ers. Go out and buy the magnificent "Blood Mountain" - if you dare.
                    Go. Buy. Now.

Heavier than a Rhino's arse.

Comment

Listening to The Outsider by DJ Shadow. Quite a mixed bag. I can see people who love Endtroducing really hating this but I think anyone who likes hip hop and has sought out Shadow beyond Endtro and Private Press will find much to like here.

Roughly the first half of the cd is mostly rap. Hyphy to be precise (a terms I'm admittedly only learning now). Bay Area variety apparently. Oh and one track features the excellent David Banner. These tracks are very much Shadow doing production for rap rather than being a showcase for what he's doing with rappers laid over the top. To me, that's exactly what they should be. Shadow has always had certain fans due to his two albums but he's also been a DJ's DJ and so many of the hip-hop DJs respect him. In my mind, having Shadow simply provide the production for a collection of tracks like this has been a long time coming and is welcome. I wouldn't want him to do it all the time but I think it's about time he did.

The second half of the cd seems to be variety hour. He has a couple that sound a bit Radioheady to me that remind me of his Unkle times and then there are a couple of others that sort of float about, not really sure what they are and yet don't seem to be okay with that in the way that much of Shadow's work is. There's a pretty good one with a fast beat and surf guitar though. The latter half of teh cd is more traditional Shadow stuff.

Overall, I can see this one being pretty devicise. I like it but it's a mixed bag.

Comment

Beck - The Information
                        If you like him its more of the same when compared to his recent output not to bad at all

Comment

yeah, i liked abit of dj shadow stuff back in 2002. I think the song probably loads of people have heard is ' you can't go home ' or a title simular to that. really catch song.

his new album should be pretty good.

can't wait for Just Jacks new cd to hit the shelves, listerned to his album recently in my local cd shop. hopefully this time he'll be in the chart.

Comment

Bjork is superb, not got medula but have homogenic and its excellent. Recently bought The best of REM, the smiths and Jcash/ Jcarter cash and none dispappointed .

Comment

Rave Massacre vol.2 & vol.3

Thunderdome, Decent Dutch hardcore(gabber)

Comment

I'm currently listening to the new Robbie Williams album and its like watching an episode of Extras - the over-riding emotion is one of cringe-worthiness. Truly awful stuff. Rudebox sounds like a stroke of genius by comparison to most of the stuff on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X