No announcement yet.

Official new albums thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's Make Love is quite good in a whacky kind of way. Cheesy as hell but somehow cool too. Heard it during the summer on Radio 2. Mark Radcliffe probably. He always plays the odd tune.

Comment

Bit of a new "post rock" (I know that in 2007 that is a nonsensical phrase, but meh) trip for me today. Explosions In The Sky (not that great, admittedly) juxtaposed nicely with Early Years LP (fantabulous )

Explosions in The Sky is the "new album!"

**I've changed my opinion on this after hearing it through a decent setup. It's quite good, not the best produced record ever, but it has some very subtle, intriguing touches. Very nice, in fact.**

Early Years is one of my favourite records from 2006.
      Last edited by Swallow; 24-02-2007, 10:16. Reason: Opinion change!

Comment

Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer by Of Montreal is working its way into "possibly love" territory. It really is a stunning progression of their, already great, sound. Frankly, marvelous. If you like that sort of thing.
        Last edited by Swallow; 23-02-2007, 16:39.

Comment

Air's new album Pocket Symphony is coming out soon. Anyone looking forward to it? I definitely am despite the terrible name, but it seems it won't be sounding much like 10000 Hertz Legend, my favourite of theirs.

Their song with Jarvis sounds fantastic.

Comment

I got it on iTunes at the beginning of the week. I like it but nothing has blown me away yet. It's more of the same. Personally, I'm more than happy with that but I guess some people might expect more progression.

Comment

They progessed with 10000 Hertz Legend and no-one liked it, so I wasn't expecting that much really. Shame though

Comment

Originally posted by Swallow View Post
                They progessed with 10000 Hertz Legend and no-one liked it, so I wasn't expecting that much really. Shame though
                Agreed 100%, 10000Hz is genius, Talkie Walkie was a let down and from what I hear so will the new one be...damn the record buying public!

Comment

Bit of a new "post rock" (I know that in 2007 that is a nonsensical phrase, but meh) trip for me today. Explosions In The Sky (not that great, admittedly) juxtaposed nicely with Early Years LP (fantabulous )

Explosions in The Sky is the "new album!"

**I've changed my opinion on this after hearing it through a decent setup. It's quite good, not the best produced record ever, but it has some very subtle, intriguing touches. Very nice, in fact.**

Early Years is one of my favourite records from 2006.
                  Explosions in the Sky are good - all this post-rock/metal can get a bit tiring - but I do love Explosions...

Comment

Quite agree *points finger at Hope Of The Sates' debut album*

For less confrontational post-rock, try out ///Codename: Dustsucker by Bark Psychosis. It's Graham Sutton, who produced Delays' debut and some tracks on British Sea Power's sophomore record. Also produced and mixed Jarvis Cocker's latest record. The 400 Winters EP might be easier to track down, though (only released in September)

Last edited by Swallow; 28-02-2007, 14:40.

Comment

Bought CSS Cansei de ser sexy today its great! Not exactly that new but pretty recent debut album from brazilian all (almost) girl band. Cant really put it in a catorgory, 'danceartrockelectronicia' is the best i can do its truly exellent. There on sub pop if anyone still takes that as a sign of quality

Comment

Anyone know anything about the Justice album, ie. if/when it's coming out?

Doing a Google search is a nightmare!

Comment

Quite agree *points finger at Hope Of The Sates' debut album*

For less confrontational post-rock, try out ///Codename: Dustsucker by Bark Psychosis. It's Graham Sutton, who produced Delays' debut and some tracks on British Sea Power's sophomore record. Also produced and mixed Jarvis Cocker's latest record. The 400 Winters EP might be easier to track down, though (only released in September)
                          I'll have a look, I do like British Sea Power so thats a good sign. I'm becoming indebted to you for all the good music you've been reccommending me.

God is an Astronaut are another decent post-rock group which are worth a look.

Comment

Picked up the Grinderman album on release, and I have to say I think it's one of the best records I've heard in quite some time. I love all the little loops Ellis uses, and the track "Get It On" is such a brilliant opener.

On a depressive note, I also picked up the new Stooges album, The Weirdness. It is ****ing ****.

Comment

Picked up Neon Bible by Arcade Fire last week. Bar the last track (where the church organ gets oppressive) I'm enjoying it a great deal.

Comment

The Horrors- Strange house, is really good if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                                X