Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

havent seen it yet, will wait for it on newsgroups

Comment

did anyone else find it funny, spirit squad calling the audience "wankers" on last weeks raw? i bet they cut that from the sky version!

Comment

One Night Stand, then.
        The good things:

Heyman?s opening gambit was incredible.

Taz and Styles are the best commentary pairing in the business. We all know how good Styles is (favourite line: ?Oh my God! Double Fisherman?s Buster!?), but credit to Taz who was very entertaining and gets better and better all the time.

Angle and Orton was a good, heated match. Only criticism is that Angle is clearly not fit, hence his reliance on mat based holds ? however his passion and presence more than make up for that. Orton is the premier heel in wrestling at the moment (and in real life, it would seem).

The Sabu vs Rey match, although it ended early. The top rope DDT through the table was one of the most painful looking things I have ever seen. Rey got booed initially but easily won the crowd over. Sabu looks in the form of his life. Not sure why they took it home early though, maybe Sabu injured his shoulder when he went through the first table spot.

The tag match with the FBI vs Tajiri/Crazy was very good. It got allotted plenty of time, and all four guys performed well, especially the always entertaining Guido and Tajiri who looked in great nick. It was ruined by the Big Show appearing at the end and crushing everyone?.

JBL?s promo ? world class.

Edge and Foley?s promos: also world class. Especially like Edge when he said: ?This is their Christmas!? about the ECW fans. The tag match was very entertaining also, Funk deserves some sort of medal ? how does he do it?

Thoroughly enjoyed the Cena/RVD match. Cena played it extremely well, growing into the heel role as the match went on. He only f***ed up once (when RVD tried to sit him on the ropes to set him up for a drop kick to the outside ? he fell off and it looked very poor), and the crowd heat was the most amazing I think anyone has ever seen. The match was spoilt by the finish though.

Things I didn?t like: Mahoney vs Tanaka was poor, Tanaka should have been given someone else to fight against ? personally I would have liked to see him go one on one with someone like Benoit, or even Justin Credible (who appeared in the ring at the end).

Sandman looked pumped up, is looking fit and toned, and ever so slightly insane. The beat down on Eugene however was disturbing. I think the learning disabilities gimmick is offensive and should be canned at the earliest opportunity. Could you imagine someone with learning difficulties being used as a figure of fun and ridicule in any other form of mainstream entertainment (except SouthPark, of course)? Horrible.

Should have just put Sandy in with Balls and Tanaka and made it a three way.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
          Things I didn?t like: Mahoney vs Tanaka was poor, Tanaka should have been given someone else to fight against ? personally I would have liked to see him go one on one with someone like Benoit, or even Justin Credible (who appeared in the ring at the end).
          The problem was that about a week before the show, Tanaka legit injured his shoulder over in Japan, so he couldn't wrestle a full length or full on match. It's a real shame cos Balls is actually a damn good wrestler, and Tanaka is just fantastic. I'd love to see them bring Tanaka back for a few matches here and there when he's fully fit.

Comment

i've just watched the ecw sci-fi tapings, dont worry i wont give any major spoilers away.

it was going to be live, but was taped at last minute as sci-fi where worried about the language after the new york ecw crowd.

incase anyone doesnt know, the sci-fi ecw show was a double supershow with the smackdown tapings, so the crowd was mainly there for wwe.

the crowd where asked to watch their language, due to children iin attendance. (not aired, i read about it from someone who was at the event)

they had a dig at sci-fi, with them wanting characters like vampires and aliens and it worked pretty well in my opinion.

they shown the whole lawler vs tazz match (including entrances) from ons (so approx 3 minutes of footage was probally axed from the airing.

pretty bad overall, hopefully they wont do this again by having it at a wwe event. they should only admit over 16's and even better do the weekly taping at new york, and house shows nationwide.

Comment

old post, but incase you're interested.

Originally posted by HumanEnergy
              Zues and Hogan were involved in a tag at Summerslam 89, and I think they had a cage match at some point but can't remember when that was.
              saturday night's main event.

Comment

Originally posted by canuhavebabies

pretty bad overall, hopefully they wont do this again by having it at a wwe event. they should only admit over 16's and even better do the weekly taping at new york, and house shows nationwide.
                I think they are filming it next to smackdown so that the ECW crowd can fill the empty Smackdown seats. Personally I think Smackdown should be axed, and have RAW and ECW, with a crossovers to both brands. What's left on smackdown now? Mark Henry V Undertaker, with the odd run in from Batista when he get's back! rey Rey should lose the title, go to ECW and stop being sold as an underdog/annoying wimp.
                Oh, loved ONS, Orton and Cena got massive pops, however I think they both stepped up, Cena surprised me, his harder edge seems to go over better. And Orton is arguably the best heel on both brands, lets hope his backstage antics don't get him fired this time.
                Last edited by jimmbob; 14-06-2006, 09:26.

Comment

They film it next to Smackdown as Vince didnt want to pay out more money for another taping.

Comment

who won between undertake and that giant bloke ?

Comment

The Great Kahli actually beat The Undertaker in about 5 mins on their PPV match! For some reason they actually want to give that giant idiot a big push. The bloke can barely throw a punch!!! One of the many many many many reasons I haven't watched Smackdown properly for about two years.

Comment

It's all about DX!!

Comment

wahey booked my tickets for the wrestling weekend at Butlins coming up in november! wwe RAW is gonna be there on the saturday night.

Comment

Hoping to go to the show in Aberdeen!! How much did they set you back?

Comment

smackdown seems to be dying a death at the moment. i get the feeling it will merge with raw soon, and ecw replace it full time, tho judging by the first ecw show that was pretty poor too! am i the only one who thinks the ecw roster looks like a bunch of has beens? funk is way too old, dreamer slow and sabu just an excuse to use tables. im liking cena's new attitude at the moment, makes a change from him being the golden boy with the title.

Comment

Totally agree...i don't know what Vince is trying to do, but i personally think the whole ECW thing is a risk...

Am looking forward to seeing the 'SUCK IT' t-shirts come out again on raw this coming week...

Comment

Working...
                                X