No announcement yet.

Official wrestling thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He aint retired, they will write in some way to make him get in the ring every now and again......... no need to waste any tears.............

The Nature Boy aint shelved............ he still has a lot walking down the aisle in style and .................... Pro..........

Comment

Wooo!

Comment

I know, if professional wrestling has taught us anything, it's retirements mean nothing. But, the end of RAW was probably the finest TV the WWE have managed to do in many, many years.

So, anyone here keep up with the UK wrestling scene at all?

Comment

that was so boring. The ladder match was the best thing going, but rubbish without hardy. The smackdown 09 trailer shows the hardy boys and i think they are miffed that he let theodowm

Comment

I was at the Hall of Fame and Wrestlemania and I believe that the Flair retirement is real. He knows that he can't keep up with the best anymore so went out with style, in a superb match against HBK. We'll see him in non wrestling 'special attraction' angles, but may not see him wrestle, and he's said as much.

He's had the last 3 months to change his mind and back out of the storyline but hasn't.

Oh, and mania was just incredible. SUCH a spectacle. I'll have to get myself to Houston, TX next year!

Comment

Originally posted by [nothing] View Post
              I know, if professional wrestling has taught us anything, it's retirements mean nothing. But, the end of RAW was probably the finest TV the WWE have managed to do in many, many years.

Man, Raw was incredible this week. Loved Santino (as always!!) and the Flair ending was just pure class by WWE. They put Matt over big time too - Orton didnt get any offence in until the end of their match.

Comment

What happened with Mayweather knocking out Big Show?

Damn, I'd have looked forward to that if I knew if it was even happening(!)

Comment

Originally posted by [nothing] View Post

You know I do! Just a damn shame that all the decent shows are too far away from me to go to. When the FWA was around I could go all the time as they often put on shows in P***smouth.

Some great UK talent around at the moment. One day I might even have another crack at it myself, if anyone pops up with a wrasslin franchise down south.

Comment

the send off was perfect

WM24 was also pretty good imo

Comment

Soooo, Test has died. Quite a shame as he could have gone on to be a big name, he was only 33. He got fired from WWE for drugs, sorry, the "wellness policy". If he'd have come back clean, he really could have gone on to big things he had size, and age on his side. Poor chap.

Comment

All my heroes are dead!

I've only recently got back into wrestling. I'm amazed by the amount of my heroes that have died, mainly from heart failure. Bulldog, Bossman, Rude, Mr Perfect, Hawk, Owen Hart to name but a few.

Comment

There goes one of Mick Foley jokes.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmbob View Post
                            Soooo, Test has died. Quite a shame as he could have gone on to be a big name, he was only 33. He got fired from WWE for drugs, sorry, the "wellness policy". If he'd have come back clean, he really could have gone on to big things he had size, and age on his side. Poor chap.
                            http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2319993.ece
                            Dude, I don't know how big a wrestling fan you are, but he wasn't going to go onto anything else 'big,' ever. He was due to wrestle on a couple of European tours but not much else. He was basically retired. Still, I was shocked to hear of the passing despite numerous drug problems. He was only recently in rehab and said to be clean too. Such a shame, as always.

Yet another tragedy due to the drug fuelled wrestling business.

Who else follows wrestling big timey then? This thread is always bumped for deaths but nothing more!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                              Who else follows wrestling big timey then? This thread is always bumped for deaths but nothing more!
                              I've been re-watching all of the Wrestlemania's in anticipation of this years, I can't wait - Taker V HBK should be awesome, I want Austin to come back to fight Jericho but that's a bit of a pipe dream, I always love the MITB match.

I lost off with Raw & SD ages ago, but still watch all the PPV's. Apart from re-watching WM, I've been loving the DVD output recently: Starrcade, Edge, History of The IC Championship have been good sets. I look forward to seeing the Macho Man set due for release soon.

Comment

Ah man, Raw and Smackdown are great lately. Lots of Mania build, as you'd expect. We've even had an Austin style home invasion segment when HHH sledgehammered his way into Orton's home!

Comment

Working...
                                X