Official wrestling thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
    Randy has always been a gay favourite because of his general stance and small tights. He is still one of the best wrestlers out there though.

Edge - he is in very good shape but does not have the physique of other guys from genetics. He's tall and skinny naturally. He used to have more muscle when he was on the roids (he has said he was on them himself in interviews). (Visibly) clean guys getting belts is a very good thing imo.

Yep, MVP and Henry are a tag team.

Glad you are enjoying mate. Elimination Chamber on Sunday which is a great concept. Used to be better non-PG of course.

Very happy about TNA moving to Mondays. Hopefully their product is strong and they can get people watching live and taping WWE. I'm personally enjoying TNA more at the moment and I would NEVER have said that until just a month ago. The product is really enjoyable at the moment.

Against All Odds was tremendous. Anderson and The Pope have brilliant, BRILLIANT characters.
    Woah, never realised all that about Edge. You make a good point there about clean guys getting gold being a possitive thing. I guess I was brought up on the early 90s generation of WWF where the main eventers were more often than not big massive mountains of muscles.

As for Randy Orton, its not his camp nature that makes him appealing to me although I guess it does heighten his character somewhat - its his vicious nature in the ring...... I loved the way he snapped and turned on Legacy. Watching him mouth off and pummling them was good entertainment.

I jus get a lil confused as to whats what and who's latley, as I sometime tune into TNA and then a couple of months later that same wrestler in on WWE. I didn't have a clue Laschley was in TNA now, and I though Matt Hardy went to TNA.

I just can't believe that the Undertaker is still doing his thing after all these years........ but like all them tall guys, you can tell that their mobility is not what it used to be, as they tend to be a lot slower and hobble somewhat, ala Kevin Nash in TNA, man thet guy looks old these days.......

BTw thanks for your thoughts and insight Cutmymilk! I'm always appreciative of folks with more knowledgable, giving their views and know how onto others........ Always intresting when you post stuff in this thread, helps keep me up to date lol.......

Comment

Against All Odds was tremendous. Anderson and The Pope have brilliant, BRILLIANT characters.
      Spot on, Anderson has been fantastic since he came in. His promos have been brilliant and seem to be getting better each week at the moment. Over night he's become the best heel in TNA, without a doubt.

Pope has always been great, of course!

AAO was definitely a fantastic show. They did a great job of making every match in the tournament interesting. They did a very good job of making it tough to call who was going to win each match, and right up until the end of the final I wasn't sure if Pope was going to end up as the heroic loser or the miraculous winner.

Comment

Yeah and Anderson getting on the mic just before he lost was a nice touch too.

WWE had both these guys but didn't let them run with it. I bet they're kicking themselves that they didn't let Burke use his Pope gimmick (even if his promo style is very Rock - esque).

In TNA it seems like anyone could be the champion. Everyone is just so even. Not sure if this is a good thing or not tbh but it keeps you guessing and the surprises come thick and fast rather than just now and again.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
          I jus get a lil confused as to whats what and who's latley, as I sometime tune into TNA and then a couple of months later that same wrestler in on WWE. I didn't have a clue Laschley was in TNA now, and I though Matt Hardy went to TNA.
          Jeff Hardy went to TNA on January 4th for one night only. They have a contract waiting for him to sign after his trial next month (for drug posession). WWE want him back as well which should be interesting!

Comment

Well I watched the elimination chamber last weekend, a week late but hey ho.........

It was the first time id seen the event, even though its been going for a while now. Its really exciting actually, although, like the steel cage match, the cage iteself gets in the way of the shot.

Of all the matches I think the 1st match was probably the best, as the 6 participants had a strong pressences. Luved the part where Orton and The Million Dollar Son awaited cena to come out, that was really gripping stuff! As it was my first time watching teh event, the vince Mcmahon part at the end of teh 1st match confused the hell out of me.........

The show dipped in the middle and the Kane match was utter rubbish! A Huowge drop imo....... The Miz match was not bad. The final match was action packed although the ending was a bit meh........ Its great to see Jericho win, although not having a clean finish for him kinda took credibility away from him. Luved how he cowered in parts of the match.

Overall it wasn't a bad watch, although the matches in the middle felt like padding to me.......

Gotta say though WWE has some talented female wrestlers, if they weren't so cliched and comical, they could have some decent matches and possibly branch out........ maybe......... Although some of them ladies are just too purdy to mess up! Hot damn.....

Comment

Some of you wrestling fans may be interested in this competition:
              Listen live to your favourite music and presenters at Kerrang! Radio. Keep up with the latest news and shows, enter competitions, and check out our playlists.

Fancy going to WWE’s biggest event of the year? Kerrang! Radio wants to take you to WrestleMania!
              WrestleMania takes place on Sunday, March 28th in Phoenix, Arizona – where the big belts are up for grabs!
              Bag the prize and you’ll get return flights to Phoenix Arizona, three nights accommodation in a 4 star hotel - and a pair of tickets to WrestleMania 26.
              In addition, we’ll give you a pair of tickets for WWE Fan Access and the WWE Hall of Fame, where you’ll join all the superstars, divas and legends for one of the most memorable evenings in WWE history.
              Plus you’ll witness the class of 2010 being enshrined into the WWE Hall of Fame!
              We’ll also give you 250 dollars spending money!
              For the chance to win this trip of a lifetime to WrestleMania in Phoenix Arizona, just answer the following question:
              Which city hosted WrestleMania LAST year?
              A) San Francisco, California
              B) Coventry, Warwickshire
              C) Houston, Texas
              Text the word ‘WWE’ – and either A, B, or C to 64100
              Texts cost ONE POUND plus your standard rate.

STARTS: Monday, March 1st 9am
              ENDS: Friday, March 19h (10am)
              WINNER ANNOUNCED:
              Friday, March 19th – after 11am
              Worth a punt for a pound if wrestling's your bag...

Comment

Well finally wrestlicious has launched and well its just awesome in a can't stop watching kind of way. Anyway to honour this great show I thought I too would have a wrestlicious theme to introduce myself.

My name is chipsgravy and I love to chow.
                Got the chips got the gravy and I'm eating now.
                All my friends agree that it does taste delicious.
                My name is chipsgravy and I'm wrestlicous.

Comment

Wrestlemania Night tonight!

I hope Taker wins and then retires shortly thereafter. He's looking very cumbersome, retire while your at the top, don't plumb the depths like Flair, Hogan.

Cena & Batista - Snorefest, Orton & Legacy - Snorefest, HHH & Sheamus - Snorefest, Hart & McMahon - hope to see the Hart Dynasty get involved and McMahon pouring of blood tapping to the Sharpshooter. Christian to win Money in the Bank which will set up a Edge Vs Christian down the road, when Edge beats Jericho for the title, that would be totally awesome.

Comment

What does everyone think of the products of late?

Wrestlemania was ok but not compared to other manias of recent years. HBK and Taker had a great match but not up to last years effort (understandably)

Heres some pretty alarming footage from last nights TNA. Wasnt on the broadcast.
                    Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

TNA is awesome, I love that Hardy is not safe and boring anymore

Comment

I just tend to watch the PPV's now unless I read something brilliant's going to happen at Raw / Smackdown. The Live Impact's have been great to watch in a Car Crash type of way. Wrestlemania this year was a big letdown apart from HBK & Taker and Money In The Bank the rest of the matches were boring in my opinion.

The new Hart & Soul DVD Set about the Hart family arrived from Amazon US today - I look forward to watching that one!

What does everyone think of the products of late?

Wrestlemania was ok but not compared to other manias of recent years. HBK and Taker had a great match but not up to last years effort (understandably)

Heres some pretty alarming footage from last nights TNA. Wasnt on the broadcast.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKURT...layer_embedded

Comment

Yeah I'll have that to watch soon - meant to be excellent. I still watch everything despite not really having the time. TNA is car crash, so much so that its becoming a bit redundant.

I disagree about Hardy though - they have seriously mishandled both him and RVD. All that money that they spent and they've looked like chumps. Bad, bad booking. Sure, they'll get retribution at Lockdown but its all a bit late.

Personally I would have got the belt on Hardy by his 3rd week. Get him out in public, on posters with the TNA title and they may have attracted WWE fans.

Comment

I've been a bit disappointed with TNA for the last two or three months. I still prefer it to WWE but I think the booking and storylines were better before Hogan came in.

The reason I've watched TNA and not WWE for a good few years is because, Pre-Hogan, I consistently liked and enjoyed most things I saw on Impact. Now it's much more hit or miss for me (and the hits aren't quite what they used to be).

TNA still have by far the more entertaining characters (Anderson, Pope, Wolfe, Morgan, etc) but their individual good work is being held back by the current booking. Why has Joe been off TV for so long? And why, after TNA higher ups talked about wanting to take the X-Division seriously again, do they release Chris Daniels??

I also agree about Jeff Hardy: recent WWE champion, massively popular, huge merchandise seller, and... booked into underwhelming tag team stuff with RVD? They should have promoted the hell out of getting Jeff Hardy on their roster. RVD deserves better too.

Hopefully Lockdown will be a great PPV though. Despite my reservations about the way the product has been going recently, the Against All Odds PPV was brilliant so hopefully they can put on another good show.

Comment

Yes. Getting it out of the Impact Zone freshens it up from the start.

Don't really like the new cage though - way too thick. Couldn't see what was going on in the Impact cage match a few weeks back.

Comment

Went to see the TNA show at Wembley Arena last night. We had 5th row ringside tickets but to be honest I think I preferred the cheaper seats we had in the upper tier the previous year, so much easier to see what's going on in the ring!

The show wasn't as good as last year, but no Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe or Alex Shelly is going to hurt the show. Plus no Ultimate-X match like last year either. The crowd was bigger though, it looked virtually sold out (Dixie Carter said it was their biggest ever live crowd). I guess the more recognisable ex-WWE names they have on the roster now helps with house show attendance.

Beer Money vs Mark Haskins and Magnus was probably the best match of the night simply because BM were so popular with the crowd that it made the match more fun. Seeing Ric Flair wrestle live now is a weird experience: all those jiggly bits of old man skin, the bleeding, it's freaky!

Not a bad night but not as good as last year. Wish Dixie Carter would end the Hogan / Bischoff experiment though. TNA for the past year with them in charge behind the scenes has been so much more dull compared to the previous three or four years. So many missed opportunities too: love Jeff Hardy as a heel but when he was champ you were lucky if he was on Impact for more than five minutes each week!

Comment

Working...
                                X