No announcement yet.

Official wrestling thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TNA is coming to Challenge TV and Challenge is coming to Freeview at the beginning of Feb. Should see a nice bump to the viewing figures hopefully, if they air it in a decent slot.

Comment

10pm to midnight on Tuesdays. I think I'll continue to watch the HD version a few days earlier by... other means

Comment

Monster bump!

Not sure why but the last couple of nights I've been watching old WCW shows from the mid to late 90's. Still very entertaining stuff with the whole NWO celebrity angle. Kevin Nash seems to be the most entertaining character of the bunch (seems to get the crowd going) and it's just amazing really to see so many old icons like Hogan, Nash, Hall, Sting, Macho Man, Luger, well, they had pretty much the best stable of wrestlers ever at that point.

I ended up following a few of the suggested videos which were mainly other old nitro shows, but then I saw 'Hulk Hogan Cries to Howard Stern about his Sex Tape'...

How far can Hogan sink?

It's just embarrassing. His pathetically spoiled family, his whole personal life. As one of the top comments mention, Hogan has pretty much tainted all those good late 80's 'Hulkamania' memories.

Comment

What channel are you watching those shows on Kit?

Comment

I found them on youtube, amigo.

This kind chap has uploaded tons of them:

Never saw Goldberg at his peak so it's interesting going through these old shows and seeing how they built him up with 'the streak'. Also been suprised at the demise of Scott Hall. Turning up to shows seemingly drunk and randomly missing from events. Quite a tragic story really.

Comment

Nice. Thanks for the link dude.

Comment

My annual watch wrestling event for me, the "Royal Rumble" happened.

Don't usually pay attention unless its this or wrestlemania having a good card, but even I can tell how over Bryan is with the crowd and that 1st match vs Wyatt was fantastic and it crapped over everything to come. I myself found as the terrible Cena/Orton match went on I was enjoying the crowds reaction the **** on display and that carried on over into the rumble.

It started well enough and while I have no idea who shield are I can tell they're suppose to be the big bad and they put on a good show for it. Cm Punk seems pretty over still and the Turkish bloke was great to, but as it went on it got ****ter and ****ter, even with only 2 "special" entries from the old days

(man big Lazy Nash was blown just climbing over the ropes )

keeping the fanservice to minimum. You could tell the crowd where dying for bryan to come out, they had booed the heck out of Dave and rightly so he looked like **** and was sloppy around the ring,

you really had to feel for Rey coming out as 30 and the crowd realising there favourite wouldn't be coming..que a massive booing which had me in tears laughing and then to top that all off with the leader of shield getting cheered like Hogan or Rocky every time he took Dave down and then Dave returns getting boooooooooooeeed badly including the win.

I was kinder interested when I heard about this network show wwe are putting on and for something like tenner a month It seemed like good way to get back into it... but if there pushing

**** like Dave to moon for wrestlemania

and ignoring the fans I really can't see me wanting to part with my money. Was made all the more funny then king/jbl acknowledged the "universe"(smart fans) as they call it for chanting the cena match as boring and terrible, and both Cena/Orton playing up for the crowd by reacting to it all, but to turn and completely ignore the "universe" during constant and loud booing for the last 10 mins of the rumble, especially around Dave doing anything, beggars belief. But then that's reason I stopped watching many years ago, pushing terrible wrestlers with terrible soap opera.

Comment

It is a bit nuts. The Bryan thing has blown up everywhere. Even on bbc! The Universe is anything but the smarks. It is the general fan. The smark crowd made it watchable. I hope they blast more **** towards the company on Raw.

Mania wrote itself. Have Bryan come down after being battered by Wyatt and squeezing out a victory at the rumble. Fans happy. Have Punk win the belt at elimination chamber. You then have a terrific main event at Mania. Go 60 minutes. Get taken seriously again. Pah! Batista is the sheeets!

Comment

Wow, that really says something when even the BBC are reporting on it. What are decent websites for wwe/raw reviews, my not gonna watch it but i'll give it a good read at work, cos if its the same crowd which is always is day after ppv, Dave's gonna get booed good.

Comment

prowrestling.com covers mostly everything! also have Dave Meltzer articles (just search his name) popping up. Steve Austin will be addressing it on his podcast which is always good!

Comment

Got to say the wwe network is tempting all the shows and the big events from wwe ecw and wcw is temting from retro value alone

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                          It is a bit nuts. The Bryan thing has blown up everywhere. Even on bbc! The Universe is anything but the smarks. It is the general fan. The smark crowd made it watchable. I hope they blast more **** towards the company on Raw.
                          I have Raw recorded from last night and ready to watch. I'm hoping for constant booing and Daniel Bryan chants in every segment!

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                          Mania wrote itself. Have Bryan come down after being battered by Wyatt and squeezing out a victory at the rumble. Fans happy. Have Punk win the belt at elimination chamber. You then have a terrific main event at Mania. Go 60 minutes. Get taken seriously again. Pah! Batista is the sheeets!
                          They've dropped the ball so many times with Daniel Bryan it's hardly believable. Multiple times they could have gone in some really exciting directions with his storylines yet they continually ignore the obvious. It comes across as if they enjoy pissing people off by not pushing this amazingly popular guy.

Comment

So the Network is finally here... and I signed up at least for the free 1st month (though they do charge your account, and will refund later once you cancel)

So far seem pretty fast, easy to get around the various catalogues and the search seems to go a good job of finding any wrestler(bar Benoit). From a quick fumble through the catalogue see's RAW replays are back to December, Nitro seems to be up to 1996, no Thunder(yet) no idea how often they update it. And there's a massive rabbit hole of old WWF Saturday night main event, clash of champions, quite abit of ECW up to 1996.

Seem to be app to watch it on everything, im using PC, but I can get it on android, ios, psn and xboxlive. Going to stick with it see how the royal rumble ppv plays out when it goes live as the ppv are part of the package.

(in my search for WcW Thunder, I got a Jushin Thunder Liger)

Comment

Didn't even know there was a wrestling thread here, did you know CM Punk has signed up with the UFC? that's about as far as my wrestling knowledge goes. Hope Brock Lesnar returns to the UFC also one day.

Comment

does anyone watch listen the shoot interview like the ones from rf video ?

Comment

Working...
                                X