No announcement yet.

Last night's Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad I'm not the only one. The first thing I thought was 'Ka'. Couldn't understand what they were going on about, looks-wise!

Comment

Totally agree about the Jag. The reason why the Ferrari 599 is 100K more is obvious. One is the newest, most advanced GT from the world's greatest sports car company, the other is a Ford with a bit of make up. The Jag is not even half as pretty as Jezza's precious Astons, which are still, IMO, behind Ferrari in the beauty stakes.
      Last edited by Richard.John; 16-05-2006, 14:13.

Comment

not a bad episode, not as good as the first but still very enjoyable, traffic reports were absolute sh*t

OT, neighbour of mine has just bought a Ferrari 355GTS, lovely car in lovely condition, not sure of age as it's on a personalised plate, was looking on Auto Trader to see prices, what's going on with all these imitations (top 3 on this page)

Comment

The last 355s left Maranello in 1999 so it must be at least 7 years old or so. Regarding the replicas, I guess everyone wants a piece of Ferrari. Under 40k for the real deal is tempting, if you've got the dosh of course.

Comment

You'd need the dosh as soon as anything went wrong too, clutch kits (not inc fitting) can come in at over ?1500!!!

Comment

I was reading earlier about the Ferrari FXX (essentially a 800bhp F1 road car) in the Metro this morning, only 30 being produced, looks stunning, million pound each, but that does include 14 tracks days at great tracks around the world, Ferrari shipping your car to them all (and back home) and providing mechanics and technical support at each track.

Page 46 btw.

Comment

Race going Enzo's aren't they. I never thought the Enzo was that pretty and the FXX's are just plain ugly in my eyes. Obv. wouldn't turn one down though.

Think I'd rather buy an ex F1 car for that sort of money though as you get the same back up from the mechanics and you wouldn't really take the FXX round the M25 would you!

Maybe we need to get back on topic Anyone see 5th gear, Plato was loving taking the Girls for a spin.

Also that Quattroporte (sp?) review was the worst piece of **** I've ever seen, why just review a gearbox? What about the handling, acceleration, braking etc?

Comment

I agree regarding the FXX. If you can afford a miilion for one of those why not just splash the extra cash on a Ferrari F1 car. Fifth Gear had a piece about a guy who bought an '02 or '03 ex Schumi F1 car. Lucky bar steward.

Comment

Frank Mountain = one rich mofo

He has amongst many others an Enzo & Maserati MC12

Comment

Didn't think much of last nights episode, though have always had a soft spot for the Exige.

OT but funny;

Don't open the photo until you have read the email

For those of you who are mechanically challenged, don't open the
                      photo until you've read the email

Yesterday I was having some work done at the Ford dealer. A woman, a blonde no less, came in and asked for a seven-hundred-ten.

We all looked at each other, and the mechanic asked, "What is a seven-hundred-ten?"

She replied, "You know, the little piece in the middle of the engine, lost it and need a new one. It had always been there."

The mechanic gave the woman a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to draw what the piece looked like. She drew a circle and in the middle of it wrote 710.

He then took her over to another car which had the bonnet up and asked, "Is there a 710 on this car?"

She pointed and said, "Of course, it's right there."

Now open the photo to learn what a 710 is.
                      Last edited by VR46; 21-06-2007, 09:31.

Comment

I was the same as you David, didn't think I was enjoying it but ended up pissing myself watching the finale of the amphibious cars challenge. It's James Mays comments that get me.

Love that Exige too.

Comment

The challange was really enjoyable - I love how they ignore all the basic health and safety rules .

Comment

Yeah that ending was great. Would have been good to see what he could have done in that truck if he'd put a prow on it.

Comment

I have got to agree. I love TG but it isn't without flaws, namely the fact that actual car reviews seem to be getting thinner on the ground and are being replaced with challenge segments. They are funny and the car/boats were highly amusing at the end but that was the problem, at the end. They spent far too long getting there, wasting an entire show really as the only car segment was the Exige.

IMO they should dump the pointless cool wall, throw away the scripting, shorten the guest segment and get back to more cars. Make that super cars!!!
                              Last edited by Richard.John; 22-05-2006, 13:07.

Comment

yeah the cool wall seems completely inconsistent and pretty much pointless, they seem to judge each car by completely different standards.

the toybota was absolutely hilarious though.

Comment

Working...
                                X