No announcement yet.

Last night's Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoyed this episode a great deal. That bit where Clarkson was edging past the car on the crumbling precipice was very tense. Plenty of amusing sections and the moments of genuine terror, exhaustion, exasperation and determination made for very good viewing. Felt quite knackered afterwards tbh.

Comment

Genuine was a great choice of words and something top gear has missed for months

Comment

Agree, best episode for far too long. Really hammers home how sad it is the normal show is so crap each week nowadays.

Comment

I really liked this one as well.

that said, I always like watching TopGear, yes the scripted pieces from the last 2 seasons are getting a bit more boring, but I will NEVER get tired of watching grown men (happy as little kids with their new toys) blasting around their playground/track with AMAZING cars like Ferrari's, Aston Martins, Vipers, Vette's, big beamers, Mercs etc...

as long as there are these amazing cars this show will keep me happy every week to watch.
          I even watch all the old episodes I already saw on the Dutch channels again. I just can't get enough to watch amazing cars.

Comment

That bit with Jezza on the death road really was terrifying. I thought drivers over here were bad but that wazzock in the white Land Cruiser literally could have killed him.

It was the best episode for ages but they could easily have cut out the first scripted 15 minutes where they got dropped off the boat and tried to get their cars off the raft which was terrible. As we saw later in the episode the genuinely amusing and entertaining stuff happened when there was no script writer in sight.

Comment

Yeah, other than the one or two mandatory "car without handbrake on rolls down hill" scripted moments, it was really enjoyable.

Comment

that shows how good it can be when they go back to the original formula and stop the stupid cocking about.

really enjoyed it, up there with the best 'specials'

looking forward to seeing the X6 on sundays prog but knowing how clarkson hates beemers it will probably be 5mins of slagging it off for not powersliding round the track or being able to fit 2 zebra in the boot.

Comment

It was really enjoyable but was scripted just as much as normal - It worked though.

Comment

oh look its that forklift clip again, like i havent seen that a million times online/on the box

Comment

I've not seen it before

I quite liked tonights show btw. There. I said it.
                      Last edited by ChrisF; 03-01-2010, 20:29.

Comment

I'd not seen that clip either.

Did my licence fee pay for Jeremy's trip to Australia, Hong Kong, Spain and the Alps?!

Oh, and how ace were the effects on the Lexus feature? It looked brilliant!

Comment

To be fair he probably had to stop off at Hong Kong on the way to Australia, so not all bad... (but yeah, it takes the whatsit some what if that was on the tax payer).

I thought the Lexus effects were fantastic too! Whoever did that... give them a proper budget, and let them loose!

Comment

Last nights episode was what top gear should be like and was what top gear used to be like, REJOICE. Shame it was the last in the series

My wife said "it's like they've made a proper car show"

EDIT - Did anyone spot the girl behind Clarkson looking slightly bored when Seasick Steve was on? Brunette. She used to live next door to me a few years ago

and always sunbathed topless!!

Comment

Pics or gtfo.

Comment

I think they're all stored in Alastair's spank bank...

Comment

Working...
                                X