No announcement yet.

Last night's Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laugh is, I didn't find this one to be any different to the eps from the last few derided series

The Volcano bit felt a bit light on content and the Reliant bit was alright if tired due to the repetition. The Reasonable Car bit was fair dire though

Comment

The Reliant section was the funniest thing i'd seen on TV for years. Really enjoyed it!

Comment

I'm a little bit disappointed that they didn't try something a little different here. However, the Reliant section was fantastic (When he pulled into the enthusiasts meeting and rolled it I cracked up!) and Stig having the vuvuzela sound in the car was a nice touch.

Comment

got to say i come across some episodes of old top gear...which was mostly about cars...and i think given the choice of a buying guide to cars...or to be entertained i would rather be entertained though would be nice if they got the perfect balance between the two

and i did like the start of the new series

Comment

It was a good laugh, although the car reviews remain as ridiculous as ever - The stig thing is boring as hell now, along with the reasonably priced car.

It's still good fun though, but I prefer to catch up with it on iplayer rather than dedicate an hour of my sunday to it.

People need their heads looking at if they use this as a consumer programme - It's purely entertainment these days.

Comment

Looks like Andy Garcia's come straight from the set of a new Super Mario movie.

Comment

I must admit I am rather bored of it now. It is still fun when it is on but I won't go out of my way to watch it.

Comment

That was the best episode in ages! Can't believe they drove that thing down the 303

Comment

I really liked he first half of the camper challenge but hated the second bit when yet again they resorted to badly
                    written stupid gags and things catching fire 'by accident'

in some ways the first caravan fire was the jumping the shark moment for top gear

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                      in some ways the first caravan fire was the jumping the shark moment for top gear
                      This, this and this.

I was thinking the other day, remember when they used to do stuff like the annual reliability surveys? Hardly the most interesting thing on paper, but the chemistry between the three of them made it good.

That's the biggest change for me. It used to be a mundane car show made very entertaining by the spontaneity of its hosts. Now it's an entertainment show made very mundane by the heavy scripting and poor acting of its hosts.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                        Looks like Andy Garcia's come straight from the set of a new Super Mario movie.
                        Pretty cool guest tho, just caught the repeat on bbc today

Comment

Tom Cruise's latest demanding role will be on Top Gear - as the "star in a reasonably priced car".

Tom Cruise's latest demanding role will be on Top Gear - as the "star in a reasonably priced car".

The Days Of Thunder actor and fellow Hollywood A-lister Cameron Diaz will each take a spin in a Kia cee'd, in a bid to complete the fastest lap they can.
                          daaaaamn

Comment

Getting some good guests of late!

Comment

Is Top Gear still getting bigger these days? I guess if it is then they can get bigger famous people on by saying we reach to an audience of 10 million or whatever.

I kind of hope that Clarkson's acting attitude where he normally says how fat people are, leads to him making a joke about scientology to Cruise.

Comment

I'm going to be disappointed if he doesn't ask the questions everyone wants to hear. Like why he tried to force electrocute Oprah Winfrey.

Comment

Working...
                                X