Last night's Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malc View Post
    Is Top Gear still getting bigger these days? I guess if it is then they can get bigger famous people on by saying we reach to an audience of 10 million or whatever.
    Somebody at work told me that top gear is the bbc's biggest money earner by miles because it is sold to so many countries.

Comment

I just want to know who is taller, Cruise or Hammond?

Comment

If the News of the World is to be believed Top Gear has a total 235 million global viewers. Hunting round it seems this, Doctor Who, Torchwood and Merlin are the money spinners.

In tomorrows news, the BBC announces Top Gear series 16... through 45
        Last edited by Neon Ignition; 23-07-2010, 18:17.

Comment

Miss diaz

Comment

Best one for a long while I'd say. The Senna footage was incredible and liked Hamilton's laps too.

Comment

Yeah fantastic episode - Tom Cruise must have thought he was in a film the way he took Gambon corner! The Senna part was completely unexpected, but amazing. Hopefully that will encourage lots of people to go and check out the Youtube videos of Senna which still make me amazed whenever I watch them. Really looking forward to this film about his life.

Comment

Best episode in years. Although I realise it's a car show rather than a motorsport show, I hope they do more profiles like the Senna piece. I appreciate a lot of it was probably done with or for the film coming next year, but it was superbly done and with great respect too. A similar piece on Burns or McRae would be very well received.

Comment

Definitely echo the sentiments above...best episode for a long long time

Cruise & Diaz were brilliant & I normally hate the Star's bit but that was fantastic to watch & cruise's lap, simply brilliant.

Liked the Veryon bit & the Senna piece was inspired.

Not really interested in the VW bit, pretty boring & definitely the worst bit of the show.

Fingers crossed for many more like this one during the series

Neil

Comment

Top Gear need to stop using little snippets of soundtracks in their features - it drove me out of my mind for five minutes during that VW bit as to where I knew that really distinctive piano tune from.

It really distracted me from whatever else they were showing.

It was Moon.

Comment

am I the only cynic who wondered if the celebs 1-2 on the leaderboard had a whiff of contractual obligation about them ?

Comment

I have to admit I'm very dubious about Captain Screwball's time - apart from that dangerous two wheeled stunt at the end he appeared to be driving like an old woman.

Comment

267mph, ye gods

Comment

Nah, you're too cynical. It's still early days on the new leaderboard, I'm sure they'll be beaten.

Comment

Got to agree with all the positivity around last night's sshow. Apart from the daft snow bit it was brilliant. The Senna tribute was the best feature I've seen on TG in years.

Comment

Aye it was a good fun show, but yeah, the snow bit was pretty run of the mill top gear tat.

Its funny to watch Cruise, he did seem to lapse into that slightly hyper excited thing like he did on Oprah.

Comment

Working...
                                X