Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V For Vendetta & Watchmen Movie Thread (mostly Watchmen now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Details of the US Watchmen Blu-ray:

• Director's Cut
    • Warner Bros. Maximum Movie Mode
    • Watchmen: Focus Points (over 30 minutes)
    • BD Live
    • The Phenomenon: The Comic that Changed Comics
    • Real Super Heroes, Real Vigilantes
    • Mechanics: Technologies of a Fantastic World
    • Music Video: My Chemical Romance Desolation Row
    • Digital Copy - Theatrical version
    Watchmen Gets 25 Minutes Longer On Blu-Ray And DVD

I would like to have had both versions of the film on the disc. The superior storage of Blu-ray is great.

Comment

I didn't play it as it was supposed to be really crap but their giving the game away with the film. I've got a horrible feeling that they'll be trying to sell them for the full price of a game though.
      Originally posted by Kotaku
      The PlayStation 3's Blu-ray drive has its advantages, as proven by the Watchmen: The End is Nigh The Complete Experience, a two-disc set collecting the game and the film for the PlayStation 3.

While the Xbox 360 is getting Watchmen: The End is Nigh Parts 1 and 2 as a standalone retail release, the PlayStation 3 is getting a much more enticing release. The two-disc set combines the director's cut of the Watchmen film with both parts of the downloadable game, with exclusive artwork thrown in for good measure. The director's cut of the movie contains 25 minutes of footage not seen in theaters, but still no giant squid.

The releases will coincide with standard DVD release on July 21st, with The End is Nigh Part 2 also available as a standalone download on Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation Network.

Comment

Any news on differences between US and UK Blu-ray releases?

Comment

The US blu-ray has both episodes of the game for ps3 on it

Comment

Just watch the Directors cut and its around 25 minutes longer, here is some of the things i noticed:

1. Rorschach gets caught by the police during his look around the Comedians flat
            2. More Comedian in Vietnam, shooting from a helicopter and roasting some the the vietnamese
            3. More violence during the assassination on Ozzy, the girl that gets hit in the leg also loses alot of her fingers
            4. the gang that Silk Spectre 2/Nite owl 2 beat up seek revenge and think the original Nite owl did it and go to his flat and kill him
            5. during the bar scene there is a news flash about Mason's death that causes Nite Owl 2 to batter a gang member in the bar
            6. Silk Spectre 2 seems to be on the governments payroll and more involved when John heads off the planet

there is probably alot more, its been a while since i watched it

Comment

Another fairly big difference, is that there's no mention of the UK disk being the Director's cut.

I want the HMV exclusive blu-ray case, but they can gtfo if I'm missing out on 30 minutes of extra film!

Digital download is apparently UK exclusive however.
              Last edited by Daragon; 06-07-2009, 14:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post

Digital download is apparently UK exclusive however.
                That's because the American version comes with a dvd with the digital version on it (theatrical version) so no need to download. (according to amazon.com anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                  there's no mention of the UK disk being the Director's cut.
                  It's not. The UK is getting the theatrical cut only and the US is getting the director's cut only, it's convenient that Warner Bros. make region free Blu-rays, then there's another version coming out around Christmas time with the animated Black Freighter feature edited into the film.

Comment

That's really odd. Why not do both versions in both territories, I wonder? Seems a strange choice. I'm actually happy to have the theatrical version in HD. It's a long movie yet really worked for me and I'm not convinced that more=better. But still, I would have been interested to see the extra scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      That's really odd. Why not do both versions in both territories, I wonder? Seems a strange choice. I'm actually happy to have the theatrical version in HD. It's a long movie yet really worked for me and I'm not convinced that more=better. But still, I would have been interested to see the extra scenes.
                      i wonder if it has something to do with the court battle they had

maybe warner have the rights in the USA and they've given the rights to another company over here

Comment

They really trying to cash in on the game with the DVD / Blu-ray release

Amazing price for a sequel which is identical to the (not very good) first episode

Comment

I have the 10th Anniversary edition of The Matrix (US) which includes an SD digital only copy on disc. It's DRM'd to hell and back and requires a US IP to authorise.

I'm sure its something that can be overcome, but its not much use out of the box for anyone thinking about importing the US version of Watchmen on BRD.

Not something most Blu-ray owners are going to lose much sleep over, but just thought I'd mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenheit View Post
                            I have the 10th Anniversary edition of The Matrix (US) which includes an SD digital only copy on disc. It's DRM'd to hell and back and requires a US IP to authorise.
                            If it's done through a browser you should be able to proxy the connection, no?

Is the general concensus to wait for the next release of Watchmen then? I missed it at the cinema so had planned to pick up the US version, but I might wait if there's going to be another release with both versions on there.

Comment

If the only difference between the version out now and the xmas one is that Black Freighter is edited in then I probably won't wait for it - I could recreate the experience by pausing one and playing the other at predetermined points during the film

Shame about the UK not getting the director's cut though, I was hoping to just borrow the film from work when it came out

Comment

I've seen neither cut. Is the director's cut considered to be the better of the two?

Comment

Working...
                                X