Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V For Vendetta & Watchmen Movie Thread (mostly Watchmen now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There has been quite a bit of news for both films, now very old news, but interesting still.

V For Vendetta
    It seems that lead actor James Purefoy (V) has left the film for reasons unknown, replacing him is Hugo Weaving. A turn of events I'm not too happy about, but will please Matrix fans, and perhaps get a bigger box office for the film. Personally now I'm very glad that that the mask is staying on.

The official site is being updated ( only some fancy flash stuff with V's mask so far) http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/

Edit:- Site now fully updated, Weaving is officially confirmed as V. Filming has continued as they are working on the Shadow Gallery scenes now. opening date is still set for Nov 4th 05.

And especially for Ady (and Portman fans everywhere - a slighly spoilery picture, btw the link works, it's a copy and paste job though) http://www.natalieportman.com/picstemp/portman%20(4).jpg

Watchmen
    Due to some recent studio changes, it looked like this was going the way of the previous attempts. After seeing this article, (http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20181) It may still happen and it sounds very good too. Probably going to be far better than V, if it gets made!
    Last edited by Meng De; 14-05-2005, 15:15.

Comment

Trailer now out -

From the Lilly & Lana Wachowski and Joel Silver, the masterminds behind The Matrix trilogy, comes another intriguing, action-packed fantasy-

Comment

Looks pretty bloody good to me - a must watch now in fact

Have to wonder how well it will sit in the current climate though. Movie critics love to pick up on that kind of thing.

Is the 5th November going to be the release date?

edit: sources seem to indicate thats a yes
        Last edited by Spatial; 23-07-2005, 11:31.

Comment

For Rorschach i would like to see them do the black and white fabric he wears i would love to see that moving and changing depending oh his mood .I always thought that looked so good
          Last edited by eastyy; 23-07-2005, 11:25.

Comment

On another note, I see they're still being refered to as `The Wachowski Brothers`. Shouldn't that now be the Wachowski brother and sister?

Comment

Has Larry had the full chop now, then? If he hasn't undergone full gender reallocation then he's not legally a woman.

Comment

Not sure tbh. He was post op and on the hormones when the trilogy was finished up, I just assumed that he would have gone the whole hog by now.

Comment

No. They appeared in public not too long ago and they're still brothers. Though I fail to see the importance of that particular subject in relation to this movie.

Comment

It was just an aside.

Don't get your cineaste knickers in a twist.

Comment

Poster get!
                      Last edited by spagmasterswift; 22-05-2007, 21:31.

Comment

Odd ones good, even ones bad.

Comment

Anyone see Jonathan Ross completely maul this film last night? I didn't catch it from the start as I was flicking channels while waiting for a GRAW game to finish but it was a funny review.

He started off by saying that he had to disclose that his knowledge of the comic could be described as 'informed', and then just let rip. Abysmal failure I think were his words. Funniest bit was when he said that it would have been less painful if it had been called V for Vasectomy

I was going to watch it on friday, but I don't think it's even showing at any of my local cinemas.

Comment

There's a TV interview here where Moore himself says more or less the same.

He also gives his views on superheroes in general: 'I'm sure there are many people who've had their parents murdered in front of them. This would probably lead to a life of analysis and all sorts of personal problems. It probably wouldn't turn you into a bat-themed vigilante.'

Comment

Originally posted by dot eater
                              There's a TV interview here where Moore himself says more or less the same.

He also gives his views on superheroes in general: 'I'm sure there are many people who've had their parents murdered in front of them. This would probably lead to a life of analysis and all sorts of personal problems. It probably wouldn't turn you into a bat-themed vigilante.'
                              I saw that. Was very good, and the comment above made me laugh all night.

Comment

V for Vendetta

One of my reliable review sources liked it:

I'm hopefully going to see it this Friday night.

Comment

Working...
                                X