No announcement yet.

Childhood TV - joy, wonder and awe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Saurian]Wicked man! I cant find the screenshots I'm after but here's a few I loved!

Ox Tails - it was a totally mad comedy series that came on during the summer holiday about Ollie the Ox and Jack Turtle, I cant remember exactly what went on but it was a series of really funny monents intermixed with Eyecatch style cutscenes of various characters rolling about laughing etc and I loved it!

QUOTE]

I don't know if I am making this up but wasn't there a charcter called Gaylord in this?

Comment

Yes, he was a gorilla.

Comment

Along with that impressive list from GingerJ, add Mike & Angelo, Poddington Peas, Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes, The Chipmonks (Alvin, Simon & Theodore), and Wackaday for some of my faves.

Comment

I remember Gaylord the Gorrila. Thats the kind of thing that sticks with you as a child

Comment

There is a lack of Cosgrove Hall stuff here.
            Chorlton and the Wheelies
            Danger Mouse
            Count Duckula
            Wind In The Willows

Also no mention on the fantastic

Jamie And The Magic Torch

Or maybe I am just too old.

Comment

They're all flooding back to me now

or as the squat guy used to say at the end of the titles in a naff French accent

"Hugo and Victor. Better I think anyway"

Bangers and Mash, the two monkeys with the excellent theme tune sung by Chaz and Dave

For some reason I still remember the last bit of the theme tune

Bangers and Mash, Bangers and Mash,
              All they want to do is have some fun,
              Usually they mean no harm but you can guarantee,
              They'll upset the applecart though accidentaly,
              Bangers and Mash's clangers come about quite frequently
              Wallop Wallop Wallop Wallop Wallop Wallop Wallop
              Its Bangers and Maaaaaaaaaaassssasssh !

How does my brain retain all this crap, but not the important things ?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet
                There is a lack of Cosgrove Hall stuff here.
                Danger Mouse
                Count Duckula
                Wind In The Willows

Also no mention on the fantastic

Jamie And The Magic Torch

Or maybe I am just too old.
                Agreed.

Danger Mouse...Power house!

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet
                  hello little old lady

Mr Ben was also pretty enjoyable

Comment

[IMG]When cartoons were good....

Cowabunga duuuuuudes!!

And who can forget....

Comment

Don't laugh and give me any crap, this film is a true classic and I still love it!

Such a magical film, with an entrancing atmosphere and unforgettable characters. Who can forget the rock man, Falcor the dragon and the man riding a snail

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                        There was one called Critters... maybe it's that?
                        No, it was in the same genre, I think it was called Munchies and it had a group of Gremlin like creatures with different personalitys. The leader had a big mohican if that stirs any memories?

Comment

Originally posted by kingston lj
                          Don't laugh and give me any crap, this film is a true classic and I still love it!

Such a magical film, with an entrancing atmosphere and unforgettable characters. Who can forget the rock man, Falcor the dragon and the man riding a snail
                          I really need to see this again. In my opening post it briefly mentioned this is one of the key films i?m desperate to purchase as soon as I can.

Is it available on DVD?

My memory of what happens is pitiful? (i've only just remembered the characters you've mentioned! Wow, the rock man... the snail man!)

But my memory of what feelings it induced are as true as the first time I saw it. As you so rightly say buddy: A wonderful, magical and enchanting film.
                          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

I saw this at the cinema and failed miserably in holding back the tears in front of my younger than me step-brother when his horse drowned in the quicksand/swap.
                            *clears lump from throat at the memory*

Comment

It really is a tensely emotional film, it really hits your heart strings!

I watched it last year and even now it's just as gripping and magical. The way the world of fantasia is being eaten by the darkness is just so intense, right to the end it grips the viewer.

Doesn't look like it's out on DVD, I went to Amazon and they only have it on VHS. This is strange, because it's a true classic, if I ever have kids they will be given a copy for sure.

Comment

The Adventures Of Baron Munchausen

I watched this as a kid and thought it was very strange but good. A few months ago it was on Sky so I watched it again and it is pure genius, such a well crafted intelligent and most of all magical film.

Comment

Working...
                                X