Childhood TV - joy, wonder and awe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoshimoto
    You seen that ninja film where they burrow under the ground Saurian?

I think it was called 'Sakura Killers' or something similar...absolute madness.
    Oh yeah! XD

Some of the stuff in them films was so mint! and me being me I'd try and do all of it - I remember I skanked a broom out of my friend's garage and cut it up to make nunchaku! I even had that black and white pattern on the handles that he had in the film - I somehow thought if I make it I'd instantly be sick with it!

Comment

Starchaser: Legend of Orin

Comment

Comment

I remember me & a buddy watching The Master Ninja (Sho Kosugi) as kids - he then went a 'borrowed' his older brothers nunchakus & promptly smashed his own front teeth out

Anyway, back to films - Thrashin' was the good **** when i was a kid - top skating from the Powell mob pretending to be everyday street kids, with totally unconvincing skate gangs thrown in for good measure.

It's the nuts.

Comment

Thrashin' was amazing.

It came out on video when i'd just gotten into skating and was a massive inspiration at the time. The bit at the beginning where Christian Slater climbs out of his bedroom window and then 'acid drops' onto a ramp on his driveway was ace.

Didn't it also have a very earlier appearance from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers
            too?

EDIT - Actually it wasn't Christian Slater in Thrashin' was it? That was Gleaming The Cube.

Comment

Yosh - you're mixing up Thrashin' & Gleaming The Cube (another ****ing great movie)

Red Hot Chillis do make an appearance in Thrashin' though

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                Sloth is heavy! ALL YOUR SWEETS ARE BELONG TO SLOTH!!11

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=16083
                PISSING MYSELF LAUGHING, that's ****ing legendary!

Comment

Does anyone remember The Golden Child with Eddie Murphy? That film amused me as a kid, as did the first two Police Academy movies.

As for freakouts, the guy who sells Charlie the ticket in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory scared the hell out of me as a kid. Something about that coldly austere face gave me the chills...

Comment

I remember me & a buddy watching The Master Ninja (Sho Kosugi) as kids - he then went a 'borrowed' his older brothers nunchakus & promptly smashed his own front teeth out
                    f00k!!

Do you remember Sho Kosugi's son Kane? - that kid was sick with it even then! He even used to batter full grown manz in them films, he's still acting! ^^

He's in Final Wars: (just released last month)

And he's STILL sick with it! - Cant wait to see this bike chase, it's meant to be truly savage (2 character fighting hand to hand on 1 bike at full whack)

Mike Haggar is in it too! ROFL! - how can someone look THAT much like t3h Haggar??? If he's got a spinning clothesline I'll explode
                    Last edited by Saurian; 12-01-2005, 14:01.

Comment

Kane Kosugi was Ryu in the Streetfighter Zero anime wasn't he?

lol at Haggar - piledriver, piledriver, suplex, spinning clothesline = everyone dead

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D
                        Kane Kosugi was Ryu in the Streetfighter Zero anime wasn't he?

lol at Haggar - piledriver, piledriver, suplex, spinning clothesline = everyone dead
                        Yeah man you're right about him being Ryu

I'm sorry but this geezer is TOO mint - Final Fight movie hasta to be on the cards now!

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                          And who here didnt try and emulate Daniel-Sans winning Dragon Kick in the Karate Kid? Be honest now..
                          Dragon Kick? DRAGON KICK????

Crane Technique, tbh!

And yes, I did try it. Many times.
                          Last edited by disco-tom; 12-01-2005, 14:39.

Comment

can't believe no one has mentioned Short Circuit ... "Johnny 5 is alive"
                            Also BMX Bandits .... that lead to a few accidents XD

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                              That film blew me away as a kid!!! - I still to this day hope an old geezer in a futuristic car will turn up round my gates after a truly sick run on Psyvariar 2! I want to walk into a hangar and see Five Ascetics ready for launch with sick choons blaring out the cockpit! They are SO lucky I aint up there!

Comment

Is that Godzilla Final Wars? How do they fit a motorbike chase scene in that storyline?

Comment

Working...
                                X