No announcement yet.

Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thought it was a great season opener. Messed with my head as well. Seems like the theme is now

good v evil or god v devil.

Some interesting things i noticed evil locke saying to richard about him being in chains? Also evil locke saying he wants to go home? Is home off the island or inside the temple?

Whatever happens, I doubt very much the writers will give a worthy ending!

Comment

Originally posted by jagvirdi View Post
      Whatever happens, I doubt very much the writers will give a worthy ending!
      Now Now....... they've had 5 seasons to think of a decent ending so I reckon we should give 'em teh benefit of the doubt........ Or maybe im just being optimistc.........

Whatever it is, Im loving the opening episodes........ kinda sad that we are nearly at a close, but what a ride indeed!

So am i right in thinking that Sayid is Jacob reborn then? Much in teh same way that Locke is Black smoke dude?

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post

So am i right in thinking that Sayid is Jacob reborn then? Much in teh same way that Locke is Black smoke dude?

I'm not sure I'd go along with that. I still think that this is a device for letting people

come back from the dead. Why did Jacob's group bring Locke's body to the foot? Well, to show Jacob that Locke isn't Locke - but could it also be so that the alternate wheelchair bound Locke can make a comeback as Sayid has?

Comment

I think maybe sayid is the new jacob. Why else would it be so important for him to live? Also with jacob dying does that mean the Island has lost or will lose its healing powers? Cause when the Japanese guy cut his hand and placed it in the water, he seemed surprised it didnt heal? Which I thought implied the Island has lost its healing powers cause of Jacobs death. So sayid may have been brought back just in the nick of time before all the healing powers faded.

I also realised why Jacob's cabin had the ring of sand around it in last season i.e. to keep the smoke monster out! All little tit bits making sense now!

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
            Now Now....... they've had 5 seasons to think of a decent ending so I reckon we should give 'em teh benefit of the doubt........ Or maybe im just being optimistc.........

Whatever it is, Im loving the opening episodes........ kinda sad that we are nearly at a close, but what a ride indeed!

Something tells me the climax will be an anti-climax and all the Lost forums around the world will be buzzing with fury! Just remember the Finale to Sopranos!

Comment

Originally posted by jagvirdi View Post

I think maybe sayid is the new jacob. Why else would it be so important for him to live? Also with jacob dying does that mean the Island has lost or will lose its healing powers? Cause when the Japanese guy cut his hand and placed it in the water, he seemed surprised it didnt heal? Which I thought implied the Island has lost its healing powers cause of Jacobs death. So sayid may have been brought back just in the nick of time before all the healing powers faded.
              Well

the lack of healing power and the discolouration of the pool suggested to me that it didn't work and they did in fact drown Sayid. I don't think he's return from the dead was linked to the miracle pool, somebody who was healed by it even says 'Dead is dead, you don't get to come back from that' or something -

but then we have learned never to trust Ben...

Comment

jagvirdi unfortuantely i have never seen the Sopranos, but I take it from your tone, that is was not a good ending. But I don't know about Lost, as it has a big loyal fan base, and the story line has not let us down since it started (well not for me anyways) so I look forward to it, even if I am dreading it finisheg for good....... You will see jagvirdi, comeApril (or whenever it finishes) you will be thinking 'DAMN, I shouldn't have doubted him' Well i hope you will......... for my ego's sake

Spags, you have a point, but

I still think that Jacob led Hurley to the healing temple so that he could be 'reborn' as Sayid. I think Jacod knew the plan of the black smoke dude all along and had been through time to make sure it all came to happen this way, as he knew that he would be 'betrayed' or killed through black smoke guys games. Why else would he give Hurley the guitar in the back of the Taxi cab back in Season 5........ Locke is dead, Sayid is dead..... like you mentioned with Ben, Dead is Dead, you don't come back. The 'Gods' have just taken on a different form. If you look at the promo pictures of this season - the last supper one in particular. Sayid is Judas, and Locke is Jesus, so in a round about way the roles have reversed and Jacob is now plotting to kill Black smoke dude. Well thats my take on it from what I know........

Comment

Had lots of fun with this at work today.

Before it started, we were discussing things - I said Locke was the black smoke, the guy in black at the start of the last episode, can only take the form of dead people, etc. I also explained how it, as Dave, tried to get Hurley to kill himself (couldn't kill him for whatever reason, still unsure about that one, lots of possibilities), because Hurley would be the key (ie the only person able to talk to Jacob now he is dead). None of them believed me, so was good to have called that one

Another common theme I've encountered is NO ONE thinks the nuke went off. Which is just stupid. I explained it several times but they're not having it. How I see it, nuke went off, causing another incident. That sent Jack, Sawyer, etc back to their correct timeline, in the correct year (2007 by now I think?).

However, the nuke also sank the island in 1977. The result of that, I'm guessing Charles and Jacob died, the two people who either together or opposed put in place the people we've been following on the island (the Losties, Desmond, etc). As a result of that, the people on the plane were not exactly the same people who were there when it crashed in the alternate timeline (two timelines, I've not watched much of Fringe but wonder if the two shows won't somehow tie together). Hence Desmond on the plane.

Following that alternate timeline will be interesting, as they're not there for show or to show what would have happened if the plane hadn't crashed. They'll be a grander scheme than that. Be interesting how both tie together, too early to call that one, too many possibilities. It's awesome

Still not sure on the Plane Split last season, why some went to 1977 and some were left on the second plane that crashed. I think Jacob needed some sent back to 1977, like Sayid of course. Maybe a split between those who would genuinely kill Black Smoke Locke and those who wouldn't?

And I have a sneaky idea that the smoke monster may actually be the good guy, and Jacob and his followers are abusing the Fountain Of Youth which keeps them young. Or something.

Oh, and the Richard-in-chains comment is because he was a slave on The Black Rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post

Following that alternate timeline will be interesting, as they're not there for show or to show what would have happened if the plane hadn't crashed.
                    This is evident by the fact the dialogue on the plane

was different from the pilot episode, as were the roles. E.g. in the pilot, Jack is cool and tells Rose to calm down, whereas it was the other way around this time.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
                      This is evident by the fact the dialogue on the plane

was different from the pilot episode, as were the roles. E.g. in the pilot, Jack is cool and tells Rose to calm down, whereas it was the other way around this time.
                      Yep.

I've been amazed that literally no-one I've spoken to IRL realised the

bomb had gone off - just bizarre given you see it under the ocean!

. Most still don't believe me

Comment

I think that Desmond will end up being a link between the two timelines / realities. I also am gonna guess that only Jack can see him, because when he was talking with Jack on the plane they made sure you saw that Rose and Bernard were looking away, and then later on when Jack asks if they saw where Desmond went they they didn't know because they were sleeping. Maybe that's a wild guess on my part, but I still think Desmond will end up being the link between the two realities.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post

I also explained how it, as Dave, tried to get Hurley to kill himself (couldn't kill him for whatever reason, still unsure about that one, lots of possibilities), because Hurley would be the key (ie the only person able to talk to Jacob now he is dead). None of them believed me, so was good to have called that one
                          Good post, but, with that particular point

I thought that the Smoke Monster could only take the form of dead people who's body was on the island? That's why he needed dead Locke to be brought back on the second flight. So Smokie couldn't have been Dave as his dead body was never on the island?

Comment

Confusing...

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                              Good post, but, with that particular point

I thought that the Smoke Monster could only take the form of dead people who's body was on the island? That's why he needed dead Locke to be brought back on the second flight. So Smokie couldn't have been Dave as his dead body was never on the island?

I thought Dave was all in Hugo's head, never a real living person.

Last edited by mikewl; 09-02-2010, 00:58.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post

I thought Dave was all in Hugo's head, never a real living person.
                                Also doesn't the body of
                                need to be on the island?

Comment

Working...
                                X