Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it's got Kendall from Alias in it!

Comment

Up to episode 7 - fantastic television. Recently I've found myself picking up box sets of TV shows I've missed (can't stand the idea of 1 episode a week) and along with 24, Sopranos and The Shield this is way at the top of my favourites table.

Now, back for more.

Comment

Originally posted by Fei Fong Wong
        Yes, Dominic Monaghan is in Lost. He plays a junkie failed rock star.
        Failed? I got the impression that they were quite successful as a band. Certainly from the flash backs they had a decent living.

Yoshimax-UK: And box set of Lost? It isn't released until Sept. I agree though, overall excellent series.
        Last edited by MartyG; 09-07-2005, 18:25.

Comment

I meant failed as in the band was broken up by the time he got on the plane. Can't say I could tell how successful they were from the flashbacks but yes I guess they had to be a some point.

Comment

Ah I see.

Given that this series is just about to be shown on Channel 4, please be careful with the spoilers folks.

Comment

Indeed Mart 8)

Just blitzed up to Episode 12 - Sweet Lord this show is a belter - Hooked.....

Comment

I'm up to ep 17. I really like the way the characters are explored in the flash backs, it gives them a lot of depth.

It's difficult to see how long this series can last though - there's only so much you can do with a group of people lost on an island with an unknown threat hidden away, especially in the way they tease that there's something more. It's good the way that the story hooks in the viewer, but eventually, the premise of the series is going to start to bore unless more is given away.

Oh, and MovieTyme have this on pre-order for ?28 - bargain considering how much of a rip off box sets normally are, secured mined http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/pro...ducts_id=25827
                Last edited by MartyG; 09-07-2005, 18:44.

Comment

Agreed - In fact, I was surprised that this is Season1 i.e there will be at least one more - thought this could of been a show that could wrap up cleanly with a well defined finish.

But then, maybe I haven't seen enough yet . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                    Agreed - In fact, I was surprised that this is Season1 i.e there will be at least one more - thought this could of been a show that could wrap up cleanly with a well defined finish.

But then, maybe I haven't seen enough yet . . . .
                    Mate, if only you knew. My wife and I are desperately waiting on season 2. I hope they finish it on season 2 but the chances are this show could run and run. I desperately wanna spoil it but I won't, all I can say is that at the end my wife and I were just sat there saying "...and we have to wait til ****ing september for more?"

They always pose more questions than they answer.

Out of interested, since this hasn't even started in the UK yet, I wanna buy the Region 1 dvd. BUT I haven't bought one in ages, any advice on where I can get it at a reasonable price without ending up paying a customs charge and where it doesn't take 2 months to arrive? Does movietyme get to you without customs charges?

Comment

I've never had to pay customs from stuff from MovieTyme (and I've had a lot of stuff from them). They are the cheapest I've seen. But, with it being a CA site, there's always the risk of import duty.

I really hope this series doesn't run and run, because it will simply become another "whatever". Like you say though, they do pose more questions than they answer, and this is the hook. The hook that's going to get boring if it runs on.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
                        I really hope this series doesn't run and run, because it will simply become another "whatever". Like you say though, they do pose more questions than they answer, and this is the hook. The hook that's going to get boring if it runs on.
                        Well, knowing how season 1 ends having seen it, and knowing some of what will happen with season 2, if season 2 = another 24/25 episodes, having a third season would be pushing it and it would have to ONLY be a third, not a fourth etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
                          I've never had to pay customs from stuff from MovieTyme (and I've had a lot of stuff from them). They are the cheapest I've seen. But, with it being a CA site, there's always the risk of import duty.
                          Risk yes, but if you do get stung MovieTyme will refund it for you. Just email Craig and he'll sort it out for you. The set is ?27.99

Comment

Originally posted by Fei Fong Wong
                            Risk yes, but if you do get stung MovieTyme will refund it for you. Just email Craig and he'll sort it out for you. The set is ?27.99
                            You say that but here's a quote from their FAQ page...

Q: Are shipments Liable To Tax & Duty?
                            A: Yes as a rule all items over ?18 in value are liable for Customs Tax & Duty.
                            Customers of this site are responsible for paying local countries import taxes / duty and are none refundable by us.

Comment

Yep but here's a quote from their forum recently on 4th July answering a similar question to yours:

Originally posted by MovieTymeCraig
                              Had a fair few customers that have had to pay import tax but if you get a bill we would refund it back to you.
                              Seriously it won't be an issue at all. I order box sets all the time and have never been hit. In the unfortunate event that you do Craig's a good bloke, he'll sort it out for you.

Comment

The end of series 1 was very annoying. I think it let the series down by having such a rediculous and open ending. Compare that with The 4400, which had an ending that answered a ton of questions, left on an upbeat note, and still left it open for another series.

Comment

Working...
                                X