The Commando Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
    no, thats Red Heat. Raw Deal is the one which arnie is an undercover FBI agent who infiltrates the mob, originality ftw.
    You shouldn't drink.......and bake

Comment

Same happened in Demolition Man Sly was told Arnie was ended up as president after he finds out theirs a library named after him

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

In Raw deal he was ex Fbi he got kicked out and was now a sheriff. Part of the deal was if he got the people he would get reinstated into FBI so thats why he goes undercover.
      Last edited by Guest; 28-08-2009, 14:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
        In Raw deal he was ex Fbi he got kicked out and was now a sheriff. Part of the deal was if he got the people he would get reinstated into FBI so thats why he goes undercover.
        i cracked open the Raw deal to check it out and you are right

He resigned before he got kicked out

and he is doing it for a possible re-instation, the FBI were trying to get people inside and they kept on getting killed, so arnie goes undercover at the request of his pal

and in turn 'he has a good' shot of getting back in - the FBI knows nothing about his actions

anyway Arnie saying Molested, mutilated and murdered in one sentence is pretty funny

Comment

The blokes son who was killed is an FBI chief and it was a deal between them 2 if it went thru he would reinstate him rest of FBI didnt know about it but he had the power to reinstate him He has to become dead under a new identity as well because they pretty much think theirs a leak in the FBI.
          Last edited by Guest; 28-08-2009, 16:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
            if it went thru he would reinstate him rest of FBI didnt know about it but he had the power to reinstate him
            no - I've just watched it and laughed at Baseleys comment about the Baking and drinking

the good shot is a quote from the movie btw

especially since the guy who made him resign is the leak

unsure why i need to spoiler that as i'm sure everybody with a VHS or DVD must have seen this movie
            Last edited by buster_broon; 28-08-2009, 16:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Pie View Post
              Somewhat off topic, but I watched Stallone in Cobra last night. Hadn't see it for years.. all kinds of awesomeness. Only in the 80's..
              Yep.. Cobra is another 80s action classic. I love the way the gang like standing in a warehouse banging hammers together. They are such a bunch of mentalists.

Arnie & Stallone are definitely the best action heroes. I like Seagal - and Van Damme is ok, but.. they don't come close.

End of Days is a fave of mine. I've watched it a few times and always enjoy it.

I'm hoping The Running Man comes out on Blu-ray. I have a feeling it could look really good on BD. If it doesn't, I'll just buy the DVD.

Comment

"Silent and smooth, just like always"

It's on ITV1 now.

Comment

I recorded this when it was on the other week and have just started watching it.
                  How cheesy are the opening credits?! Feeding the deer, fishing together and shoving ice cream in Arnie's face.

He'd never let her get away with that kind of behaviour in reality. He'd have said something like: "I live to see you eat that ice cream, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine! "

Interesting fact - the airline stewardess who asks about Arnie's "dead tired" friend is played by Chelsea Field. She's been in loads of stuff like Dust Devil, The Last Boy Scout, Snapdragon with Pamela Anderson, played Teela in Masters of the Universe and is married to Scott "Quantum Leap" Bakula.

Not only that, but she's the auntie of one of the guys from my year in school! How sweet is that?! She came over to visit him one Christmas. I can't confirm if Uncle Scott kept talking to an imaginary friend called Al...

Comment

If Scott Bakula was my uncle I would officially piss myself.

Comment

I don't think I've seen Commando since I was about 12 and remember thinking violence in movies was cool, probably partly due to this film. I changed my mind when I saw Reservoir Dogs though and never wanted to hold a gun after that.

Anyway, what a silly film this is! I swear the finale is ridiculous! He kills an army with one machine gun magazine! Why couldn't a single henchman hit him? He's on the roof and he's massive!

Foolishness...

I almost expected the daughter to say to the woman pilot "Will you be my new mommy?".

Comment

Commando Reboot!

EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox is going Commando again, setting David Ayer to write and direct a reboot of the 1985 film that became one of the building blocks that transformed Arnold Schwarzenegger from bodybuilder to superstar. Erwin Stoff and John Davis will produce the new version.

Ayer is the former Navy soldier who wrote Training Day and moved into directing with the dark dramas Harsh Times and Street Kings. He will put his own real-world spin on this original premise: a retired elite special forces operative sees his daughter kidnapped and is told she’ll die unless he gets on a plane and kills the rival of a nasty exiled dictator. In the original, Schwarzenegger jumped off the plane before takeoff, and killed everyone involved in the kidnap plot, in a real beefcake turn that followed Terminator. Ayer’s protagonist will be less brawny, but more skilled in covert tactics and weaponry. Hopefully the new version will hang onto some of the fun spirit of the original, the first of several film collaborations between Schwarzenegger and producer Joel Silver where they blew up everything in sight.

Rae Dawn Chong played the flighty flight attendant who became the commando's reluctant accomplice, Dan Hedaya played the diabolical dictator, and a young Alyssa Milano played the kidnapped daughter.

It's the second big reboot of an Arnie action film for Fox. The studio has a July 9 release date on Predators, a new chapter of a franchise launched by Predator, the 1987 Schwarzenegger classic.
                        Wait... what?!

Comment

Oh dear

Comment

Its bull****...all of it!

Comment

Comment

Haha, so ridiculous, I love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X