No announcement yet.

The Commando Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really?! I thought that was an urban myth. Last I heard was decades ago with talk of Roseanne Barr being the new cast member.

Comment

No, Eddie Murphy is the 3rd triplet and it'll be the worst movie ever with all the best gags in the trailer no doubt.

The ageism argument is not entirely fair, look at Cruise. He's past 50 but still playing roles decades younger convincingly. Unfortunately for sly and co they built their careers based on their muscle and are now facing criticism for still doing it when ultimately its a slightly younger mans game. Maggie does look good but who watches an Arnie film for his acting ability?

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if we got a commando sequel and it would probably be welcomed by his old skool fans but I tend to think you should never go back to old lovers. Best left to gappy memories ....

Comment

Commando is 30 years old this week, my friends.

Revisiting Commando at 30

Comment

I'm thinking this: John Matrix as a fat, saggy, balding old ex-soldier in some ghetto ? la Gran Torino. But with zero sentimentality and lots of squishy head violence using improvised apparatus. Kavinsky could do the music.

Comment

My better half only saw this for the first time only a week or so back, and enjoyed it in spite of the preemptive giggles from a friend and I thoughout. The day I stop enjoying Commando is the day I stop enjoying life. Here's to another 30, John.

Comment

Originally posted by Welrain View Post
              it's on and it's great.
              Watched again last night. It hasn’t aged.

the quote is from 2008!

Comment

Originally posted by Welrain View Post
                Watched again last night. It hasn’t aged.

the quote is from 2008!
                As an administrator, when someone with a name I don't recognise posts in a thread dormant for half-a-decade, I instantly assume it's going to be someone trying to sell something after a stealthy post edit.

However, you've been a member since 2003, [MENTION=1134]Welrain[/MENTION], so stop being a stranger!

Comment

It saddens me that the Commando love has lapsed. Shame on you all. Lol

Comment

Join the Commando Fans Facebook group.

Comment

This and a couple of other Arnie films are doing the rounds on Film4 right now, I rewatched RED HEAT the other night and it was a tad entertaining but also a tad dull (though I've always felt that way about it, it's deffo mid-range Schwarzers).

HOWEVER, I'm saying this: COMMANDO has aged brilliantly. I'm fully absorbed, now, it's THE perfect 80s Arnie flick. And it's HD, uncut and free to watch so get on it NOW.

Comment

Always makes me chuckle how nonchalantly Bill Duke and his guys pepper that guy with shot at the start of the film.

So funny, never fails to raise a titter.

Comment

Bennett and his squad make the film. They are the dodgiest most unhealthy ex military guys ever assembled.

Comment

Bennett looks like a cross between an 80s newspaper stand guy and an extra from LOVEJOY, even I could take him!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                              Bennett looks like a cross between an 80s newspaper stand guy and an extra from LOVEJOY, even I could take him!!!
                              Vernon Wells described the character as Freddie Mercury on steroids.

Comment

I don't want no slander of Bennett. He says funny stuff but he is a stone cold killer. I was so disappointed that he has a wooly vest on it's not chain mail. Bennett has a crush on Matrix, so obvious.

Comment

Working...
                                X