Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Val Verde in 20. Cannot wait.

Comment

I'm recording Commando tonight. Got work early doors but this'll be waiting when I get home tomorrow night.

Can't beat all those cheesy one liners. And the utterly baffling logic of the conversation between Bennet and the Dictator dude:

“I don't have to try. When Matrix finishes the job, he'll be back for his daughter. Now whether she's alive or dead doesn't matter. Then he'll be after you. Now the only thing between you and Matrix... is me.”
      “It is you that is afraid, Mr. Bennett. You are afraid of Matrix.”
      "Of course: I'm smart. But I have an edge: I have his daughter.”

Genius!

Comment

it's on and it's great.

Comment

The mall scene is incredible.

Fingers crossed that the shed scene is uncut...

Comment

oh my god.. Bill Paxton is in Commando!!!! Legend.

Comment

wow this has aged badly, first 10mins actually had me laughing out loud as he walked thru the forest with a log then fed a baby deer with his daughter.

I don't think history will be kind on the 80s action genre, got predator lined up for tonight on blu-ray but think that will fare better.

Comment

Get out of this thread. Commando was aged badly when it was first released. It 80's action done at its very best/worst.

Comment

^Tbh, its simplistic vigour and bone-crunching violence makes a lot of modern films seem 'aged'. It's the filmic equivalent of Final Fight, and when I was watching it last night, each scene felt like a 'stage'(!)

Who needs floppy-feeling CGI monsters flailing about when you can have Arnie snapping some bloke's neck in a headlock?
                  Last edited by JazzFunk; 18-05-2008, 16:31. Reason: Anally removed misplaced apostrophe in "its" cos it was buggin' me.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                    wow this has aged badly.
                    Wanna see me kick some ass?

Comment

Russian 'remake' of Commando - I **** you not! Check the Day D trailer!!1
                      Last edited by spagmasterswift; 26-06-2008, 14:32.

Comment

If they did an American remake who would be Arnie now?

Please dont say Shea Leboeuf!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                          If they did an American remake who would be Arnie now?

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                            http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/trai...ovs-aka-day-d/

Russian 'remake' of Commando - I **** you not! Check the Day D trailer!!1

hah eggzelent.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post

Hadn't thought of that and I reckon it would be quite excellent.

Comment

Unless she ended up looking like this...

Comment

Working...
                                X